• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Fools_Errand

2019 Supra GTS

So I umm'd and ahhhh'd for a while, test drove the hell out of a few cars and felt that this was a suitable toy: I've got the Patrol V8 that will be getting some mods after Christmas, exhaust/bar/wheels so that will satisfy the urge for a V8 grumble. The Supra will be getting...
  2. Fools_Errand

2020 Nissan Y62 Patrol Series 5

Felt it was about time to upgrade the Patrol of Doom to something more functional so a brand new Patrol it was! Still have a load of modifications to sort, tyres/lift/bar/camping etc 5.6litre petrol V8. Going to need an exhaust on there too. :D Obvious first question, fuel, 120litres in...
  3. Fools_Errand

Fool's GU4500 Patrol of DOOM.

Thought it might be entertaining throwing up a thread dedicated to my hideously inefficient family beater. When we were looking at emigrating down here we were set on shipping our old car, 2005 Discovery 3 HSE, but when push came to shove it just wasn't worth spending £6000 to ship a £10-12k...
  4. Fools_Errand

Fools Disco3 HSE

Thought I'd start one, seeing as it will of course get modified a bit.. It's a 54 plate Discovery 3, 59k on the clock and everything works!! For now at least.. More comical pictures of it next to the sh1tbox once it's back from a full service and cambelt change.
  5. Fools_Errand

Fools Daily: Mk2 1.8 MX-5

Since selling up the Civic and looking lustfully at S2000's, I actually ran a few quotes through, all told me to FOAD thanks to a BD postcode. So, after thinking fvck them all and cycling to work since July, I was shopping around for an old school mini, quotes came in at around the £1k mark...
  6. Fools_Errand

Increased Premiums, 2010 Statistics.

Thought it would be prudent to post this as it will go someway to removing the endless threads regarding insurance prices and the rise recently. Click for source
  7. Fools_Errand

Sureterm Direct, any experience?

As above, comparethemarket keeps bringing them up as cheapest to insure 4x4's, eg price of £650 (in a BD postcode) with nearest competitor at £1400. Have done the usual google, found a fair few review sites, however can't be too sure these are not the usual spam dodgy companies throw out in...
  8. Fools_Errand

Turbo's 101-103

Pilfered from Garrett: If you can look past the marketing blurb it might be interesting. Original Here Turbo Tech 101 ( Basic ) How a Turbo System Works Engine power is proportional to the amount of air and fuel that can get into the cylinders. All things being equal, larger engines...
  9. Fools_Errand

Boosted EP3 = 314bhp 204lbft

Will skip the NA stage and just jump to where I am at now. Few pictures, it needs a fair bit of TLC on the outside. Which will come in time. Parts laid out ready for the trip to TDI-North: Tuned at TDI-North: And that's how she stands at the moment...
  10. Fools_Errand

RPM bouncing 1k-2.5k on start up..

Hi guys, The car has been in my garage for about 2months, started up a couple of times a month to check battery is ok, last time I checked it I found it doing this, I have left it running for around 10min to see if it would settle once warmed slightly, but no difference, other than getting a...
Back