• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. simon25

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

So after 16 hours on the jig to get everything straight and sourcing front bumper, wing and bonnet with Danny @DH Racing getting all the other bits.. Subframe Front crash bar Radiator TPS Headlights Fuel tank sender unit She was already for Anglesey on Monday. Performed brilliantly and was nice...
  2. simon25

Jesus even the fuel pump assembly took a beating......
  3. simon25

Getting there.
  4. simon25

Already got bonnet,wing , bumper and headlights sorted. Will be pre facelift look but for less then £100 you can't knock it.
  5. simon25

Didn't re open it after our incident.
  6. simon25

Cadwell 18th June didn't quite go to plan, glorious sunshine for the previous few days then trackday time rain and more rain. Very light rain for the sighting laps so not too bad. Jamie went out first after pit lane opened, still continuous light rain at this point. He came back in about 20 mins...
  7. simon25

There on Friday the 18th Ricki, shame would of been nice to catch up.
  8. simon25

Thought i would update this thread since Cadwell. Had a new VTEC solenoid fitted which cured the no vtec issue and replaced the hybrid shifter with a standard one also replaced shifter cables as one had a slight kink in it, which probably was the cause of the gear change issues but the standard...
  9. simon25

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Cheers Rikki, yes next one is 30th November Cadwell again 2nd shakedown hopefully better than the last one.
  10. simon25

Good work Rikki, do you think the collars are worth it? not sure if the track car has them or not.
  11. simon25

Some photos that Carl took at Cadwell. He maybe along with some others. We did put his go pro in the car so there maybe a video albeit with no vtec noise. [emoji26] Cars booked in beginning of November to be looked at, and back at Cadwell on the 30th November. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  12. simon25

I think we will end up doing the same Chris, trouble is we cant find a new one and a used one is going to be a lottery.
  13. simon25

Well a mixed bag from yesterday's shake down track day. After a few gentle laps to make sure nothing leaked or fell off, we then started to push a little. Gear selection into 3rd and 5th was very vague on the hybrid racing shifter, which Danny from DH Racing had warned us about. It just didn't...
  14. simon25

All set for Cadwell Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  15. simon25

Will probably do a battery relocation and cut off over winter, although next on the list is radiator and slimline fan with silicon hose kit. As the one currently on has seen better days. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  16. simon25

Just tracking it for now, don't think it will require too much else if we decide to use it for racing. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  17. simon25

Pictures he sent Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  18. simon25

Massive thanks to Danny Hobson of DH Racing for sorting the civic out. Pictures on WhatsApp throughout the day of the work taking place. Highly recommended, based near Howden East Yorkshire. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  19. simon25

Yes we do Karl they live in a separate annex on the right in photo and your probably right about Jamie and I [emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  20. simon25

6 in total but there are 6 adults living here [emoji848] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  21. simon25

One less since the civic has gone Karl, oh and there's the company Peugeot you can't see too. [emoji4] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  22. simon25

Car dropped off at DH Racing to have Mfactory plated diff, Mfactory 5.8 final drive, Lightened flywheel and new clutch fitted. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  23. simon25

Vibra Technics engine mounts EP3

Rikki we had the innovative mounts fitted to the track car and although all we done is move the car around put on trailer etc the vibration is not too bad. Will be able to tell you more after our track day on the 1st October though.
  24. simon25

FN2 AIRCON SHOT!

Dealer puts phone down and says "this time next year we'll be millionaires" lol Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  25. simon25

Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 4x4 Estate DSG

Up to 280 I believe. Always hard to give numbers without a dyno run. Maybe something I'll do in the future. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  26. simon25

Basically yes Karl although slightly detuned at 260bhp. It is a rare car the 3.6 only about 80 sold. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  27. simon25

Plates now on, got to admit does look strange on another vehicle. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  28. simon25

I don't think we will see much more than 250/300 to a tank. So fuel costs will only be slightly higher than the civic. Car tax on the other hand is more expensive being in the top bracket but too offset that insurance is a third less then the civic. Never really run a car with numbers in mind...
  29. simon25

Obviously not used it ourselves to see what mpg we'll get but Jamie and I took the trailer down to Stoke to pick up the track car after it had some work done. 200 mile round trip averaged about 26mpg @ 60mph 90% motorway which I thought was actually very good. Remap on engine and dsg had been...
  30. simon25

It is a nice place to be Norv without a doubt. Not sure if it's got every option but does have a few toys. First thing will be to sort the exhaust to release that lovely V6 noise. Looking forward to owning it, sad to see the civic go but that's life.
  31. simon25

Yeah Jamie has now taken that off and we will put mine on when I get it sorted.
  32. simon25

My new car after selling the EP3. Going to be used as a daily and for towing the track car. Actually bought it off Jamie (son). More pics to follow. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  33. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Well that was sooner then expected, sold to a new enthusiastic owner. http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f240a5d6dbab/YouCut_20200731_130927339.mp4 Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  34. simon25

So that's all the parts fitted plus a new top idler pulley and aux belt. Tegiwa intake hose and a couple of brake fluid leaks sorted from front banjo bolts. All done at Motion Motorsports it was also mapped by Jcal at 240 bhp. Booked on at Cadwell 1st October can't wait. Sent from my WAS-LX1A...
  35. simon25

No cutting required Rikki. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  36. simon25

2005 prem key + fob

If you get hold of a second hand fob you can program it to your car.
  37. simon25

Will send Loxy or Chris a message see what they can do [emoji16] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  38. simon25

I don't think so will let you know when I get it fitted. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  39. simon25

3 Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  40. simon25

2 Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  41. simon25

1 Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  42. simon25

A few additions for the car. M2 intake manifold with 70mm throttle body, innovative billet mounts with track bushes and Tegiwa manifold. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  43. simon25

Cheers Baz will be at a track near you in the future I'm sure [emoji16] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  44. simon25

Wheels and tyres purchased for track. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  45. simon25

EP3 suspension bush, part number?

Is that rear trailing arm? If so I think hard race do an uprated one. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  46. simon25

5.1 vs 5.3 final drive - road car (no motorways)

Not used him yet, but my son is picking up a freshly imported DC5 in the next few weeks and is going to use Stevie and we have just bought an EP3 Track Car that's going to want a FD and plated LSD so we will use him for that too. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  47. simon25

Definitely, you won't be disappointed. I was meant to get a 5.1 fitted but supplier let me down and said I could have the spoon for the same price. Are you getting the work done at Grinspeed? Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  48. simon25

I had mine done when having LSD and new clutch fitted on a stock car apart from CAI. It was either these or k100, decided to go with the above and it was a noticeable difference in acceleration and well worth doing. I eventually got k100 fitted and that transformed the car again. Not sure where...
  49. simon25

I have a spoon 5.3 and my car is used daily and even been round Europe. It sits at about 4000rpm at 70mph which is fine noise wise.
  50. simon25

Will probably just keep this thread updated if Carl doesn't mind.
  51. simon25

Carl will definitely see it finished [emoji16] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  52. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Must check this thread moe frequently lol. No mate I use ATR disks(which are same size but 3mm thicker) and pads and it's definitely an upgrade from standard EP3 brakes.
  53. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

10 years of ownership and still love this car. Got a few plans for it next year to help it through the next 10.
  54. simon25

EP3 Info on Brake upgrades

I run Accord twin pot calipers on my EP3 with accord discs, worthy upgrade. Its on my build thread , straight swap apart from cutting dust shield.Page 12 if you don't want to read entire thread.
  55. simon25

Key fob playing up

Hi Flashy yes i think you will have to pair it again :)
  56. simon25

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Hazz have you watched Project Binky on youtube ? They have been building a mini with a GT four engine and running gear, amazing although it has taken 5 years to date !!
  57. simon25

DC5 header and cat on an ep3?

Actually paid £130 delivered looking back at my messages. Didn't realize they were fetching that kind of money.
  58. simon25

DC5 header and cat on an ep3?

Think I paid about £80 for DC5 manifold and cat.
  59. simon25

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

I think the DC5 cat is more free flowing, not sure if it will fit EP3 cat though. It's night and day compared to stock so much more mid range. I did initially have standard exhaust and intake manifolds when first mapped (223bhp) and I have to say I preferred that map, VTEC was 4100rpm and you...
  60. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Looking forward to seeing the track car mate, must try and meet up sometime soon.
  61. simon25

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

When I got mine done I had DC5 manifold and cat, RBC, AEM CAI made 229bhp
  62. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Some photo's from a couple of trackdays this year. Anglesey in July and Croft in October. Looking at the weather in the photo's you would think I have got the months mixed up but no it p*ssed it down in July and had sunshine in October.[/url]43485965001_77ecc50670_o by simon render, on...
  63. simon25

HID kit recomendations for an EP3

Mine passed in August too with HiDs fitted.
  64. simon25

Croft 20th October

Anybody else doing this trackday next Saturday?
  65. simon25

Do I need a BBK at this point

Twin pot Hazz and you use the Accord discs. Same diameter just thicker 28mm vs 25mm.
  66. simon25

Supercharged ep3

^6 years too late dude
  67. simon25

EP3 Hillclimb Project EP3

Short shifter was one of the first mods I did on my EP3, no problems in the 8 years it's been on.
  68. simon25

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Looking forward to seeing this Hazz maybe even a px drive out
  69. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Decided while the weather was nice to give the old girl a spruce up with a wax and polish. [/url]IMG_20180623_194755 by simon render, on Flickr[/IMG] [/url]IMG_20180623_194826 by simon render, on Flickr[/IMG]
  70. simon25

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

Looking good fella, when you at Blyton only live 15 mins away myself.
  71. simon25

Dyno Dilemma

If it drives and feels good on the road i wouldn't worry, it's only a number at the end of the day. I'm certainly no expert and maybe someone can clarify but would different tyres and tread depths make a difference to readings?
  72. simon25

Ricki’s Daily FN2 Type R nighthawk Black

Nice mate glad you found a decent one.
  73. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Couple of photo's from Cadwell and Jamie was there in his FN2. [/url]42156347031_b04e20a5b6_o by simon render, on Flickr[/IMG][/url]27285545367_741436d32a_o (2) by simon render, on Flickr[/IMG][/url]42110511472_1c5fcfd0b6_o by simon render, on Flickr[/IMG]
  74. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Happy 70k birthday day out at Cadwell. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  75. simon25

EP3 Lowering EP3 Premier edition drivers seats

I would very much doubt it. I think you would need some Bride low seat rails which are not side mount but fit underneath with the original bolt holes.
  76. simon25

Josh's Milano Red EP3

Welcome to the Milano club
  77. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Carl I have some pre face door cards that were broken in a couple of places. But I can't see were the material bit comes off.
  78. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Put the Accord Recaro's in today just need some mint pre facelift door cards now. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  79. simon25

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

Nice spec, personally I would have gone with some different pads. I have used the ds2500 on track and they leave deposits on the disc resulting in vibrations under heavy braking. Some more trackday focused pads would help. I'm going to try some pbs pads this year although my car is only used 2/3...
  80. simon25

Exclusive Honda only track day

Count me in date dependent, Blyton 15 mins from home :D
  81. simon25

DC5 exhaust manifold fitted to UK EP3... sorry can't find the answer via search.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-2-0-TYPE-R-EP3-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-CENTRE-PIPE/321004574925?hash=item4abd5d18cd:g:6dAAAOSwGotWl77S
  82. simon25

DC5 exhaust manifold fitted to UK EP3... sorry can't find the answer via search.

Yeh got the jdm front one guy who fitted manifold said no way it would fit without knocking. DC5 cat is more free flowing apparently to answer your other question. Stainless centre section off ebay about £130 mate with silencer.
  83. simon25

Centre section one piece from cat to back box. Just had to have the bolt holes drilled in cobra flange as they didn't line up. I have no pics of underneath the car mate sorry. Just check my build thread if you want to see how the tail pipes sit.
  84. simon25

Hi mate ,I have a DC5 manifold and cat fitted to a japspeed centre pipe and cobra back box. All fits ok.
  85. simon25

Ok mate just asking as I am looking for someone to service the car and check the geometry for me. Got a couple of trackdays booked already Cadwell 15th May and Anglesey on the 16th July. Meet up in spring so good. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  86. simon25

Should feel really good after having those fitted mate. Who is doing the work?
  87. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

surprisingly well, don't get me wrong there is a few of them but that's the nature of these front ends as we all know.
  88. simon25

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Great times Mate :D
  89. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

2015 got it resprayed Tim
  90. simon25

My Milano Red CTR

Video of us driving the San Barnardino Pass in Switzerland earlier this year. https://youtu.be/5cWr5bJXfT0
  91. simon25

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

Mocha Pearl is another Honda paint that shows purple in the sun. Jamie's Accord Tourer is this colour.:D
  92. simon25

Millano red respray

Yeah had mine done over 2 years ago cost me 2.5k including wheel refurb and that was a glass out respray. Check my build thread below to see pics.
  93. simon25

Best ep3 window wind deflectors?

Go on climair website..http://www.climairuk.com/search.php?mmy_mode=apply&fmake=23&fmodel=303
  94. simon25

certainly mate, my lad has just bought a FN2 so he will want to do one.
  95. simon25

Climair on mine too Ricki. Did you get the DC5 stuff fitted??
  96. simon25

Totally disappointed

Whats your minimum age requirement on a civic type R 2010 model?
  97. simon25

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Whats your minimum age requirement on a civic type R 2010 model?
  98. simon25

EP3 Trip to the Nurburgring

What's changed Chris? As far as I was aware you still need at the minimum 2 breathalyser, bulb kit, triangle, Hi viz, beam adapters. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Back