• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Collister

K24 Build Advice

Hi, Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a list of parts required to build a K24 Frank build? Also is anyone able what is the best K24 engine to start with and what car they are in? Sorry for all the questions.
  2. Collister

K20 NA tuning

Hi All, I’m current tinkering with my premier edition. I’ve swapped some bits over from another car I have therefore I’m looking to map it again shortly. However I’m just wondering if there is anything worth getting before. The current engine changes are Skunk 2 drop in cams RBC manifold tegiwa...
  3. Collister

EP3 and DC5 KPro

Hi All, I'm considering buying a DC5, I currently have an Ep3 which im looking to strip parts of it's go Kpro V4 and quite a few other bits. Will the KPro work on the DC5 or are they different? Cheers Dayle
  4. Collister

DC5 suspension arms on an Ep3

Hi Im currently running DC5 lower arms on my Ep3. However has anyone used the DC5 hubs too? I believe the drive shafts are slightly longer is this correct? Also has anyone fitted the rear trailing arms, are the rear lower control arms the same as an ep3?
  5. Collister

Ultrasonic injector cleaning?

Hi Not sure if this is the right section. Can anyone recommend a company who can ultrasonic clean injectors and provide flow rates before and after. They need to postage as I'm located in the Isle of man unfortunately nobody can do it locally.
  6. Collister

Dc sports manifold vs japspeed 4-2-1

Hi How do they both compare know the quality will be better on the dc sports manifold but what about Bhp output? I already have a Dc manifold on my car however I’ve bought another car with the japspeed so just thought I’d check before I sell it.
  7. Collister

Quaife ATB or M Factory Helical Diff

Hi All, I've just bought another Ep3 track car to break for parts for my JRSC Car. Currently my JRSC Ep3 has a Quaife ATB LSD, the other car has a brand new Mfactory Helical Diff. So the question is, which is better for heavy track work? Thanks in Advance.
  8. Collister

Ep3 Track car Ride height

Hi Guys, Im just messing around setting my Ep3 up ive got it handling pretty well now however its sat too low at the front as ive increased the castor etc its killing the front arches under hard cornering. what sort of ride height are people running on their track ep3's? have you got the...
  9. Collister

CH1 Ive been offered an Accord type R whats it worth

Hi I've been offered an Accord Type R what's it worth. Its a 2001 with 55k looks very good condition full service history what are they selling for these days?
  10. Collister

Anyone ever used strongflex bushes

As above anyone ever used these?? http://www.strongflex.eu/en/
  11. Collister

Maximum amount of camber on camber bolts

Hi guys Does anyone know what the maximum amount of camber that can be achieved on front camber bolts ? Thanks in advance
  12. Collister

Ep3 with evo 9 wheels tyre size

Hi Is anyone running evo 8 or 9 wheels what size tyres do you run? Cheers
  13. Collister

Best Inlet Manifold for Ep3

I am looking to mod my daily, What's the best inlet manifold to run these days?
  14. Collister

Ep3 Na Modding questions

Hi Guys, Im looking to start messing with my Daily ep3 just as a fun project, I already have a couple of mods on it but I am just looking for an idea of what power I would get with the following? Mugen Twinloop and centre section (fitted) Gruppe M airbox (fitted) RRC Inlet Manifold (maybe...
  15. Collister

EP3 Ep3 18" wheel ideas looking for inspiration

Hi guys I've just bought myself a nighthawk black facelift ep3 as a daily. I want to stick some rims on it at present I've got my rota boost on it from the track car, but as its a daily I'm more bothered about looks so fancy Putting 18"s on it anyone got any pics of their car with 18s I'm...
  16. Collister

S2000 & NSX Limited edition S2000

Hi Guys, My old man had a quick skeet an S2k today, the guy reckons its a limited edition final 300 cars has something embroided in the seats. Apparently its 300bhp standard? sounds a bit of an exaggeration to me. I can't say I have ever heard of anyone know what it is?
  17. Collister

Ep3 track geo questions

Hi Guys, I'm looking for advice on track setups the car handles reasonably well but needs a bit more time on setup I'm currently running a pretty neutral setup as the car was going to be used for hill climbs also. I am now looking to just use the car purely for track. Current setup 1degree...
  18. Collister

Ep3 track Rear brake pads

Hi guys, What rear pads do people run for track I've upgraded the front brakes to 330mm with ds2500's. It's purely track only car Thanks in advance
  19. Collister

Track day tyre pressures

Hi guys what sort of tyre pressures should I be running this time of year when the tyre is cold ? 28psi? running Nangkang ns2r's 225 45 17
  20. Collister

What is the smallest size wheels fit an ep3

Hi as above I'm looking to build an autograss car are 16" wheels the smallest that fit over the front brakes or can I run 15s?
  21. Collister

Possible Oil temp and Pressure sensor postions EP3

Hi All I'm currently fitting a dash pro 2 in my car I am looking at fitting an oil temp and pressure sensors has anyone done this before if so where is the easiest place to fit them?
  22. Collister

Ep3 rest throttle position sensor

Hi all i recently swapped the throttle body on my ep3 I have since had idling issues does anyone know if you can reset it easily?
  23. Collister

Best all round track exhaust

Hi all what's the best all round exhaust which is track friendly. my current setup sounds good but it's abit loud DC race mainifold supersprint b pipe 1 silencer M2 back box when I say best all round I mean cost, sound and power
  24. Collister

Ep3 Nervous front end under hard acceleration

Ive just recently fitted new tyres they have done about 300 miles now Under hard acceleration the front end seems quite nervous. Im running Quaife Atb LSD Super pro castor increase bushes buddy club extended ball joints Rack raiser HSD Coilovers 215/40/17s 2deg castor 1deg camber
  25. Collister

K20 oil catch can advantages?

Thinking about installing a catch can when are the main advantages of running one ?
  26. Collister

How long does it take to scrub tyres in

Hi I've just bought a set of Yokohama tyres ho long do the take to scrub in ?
  27. Collister

Battery relocation

Hi has anyone got a list of parts I need to relocate my battery to behind the passenger seat? also has anyone done a how too guide?
  28. Collister

Ep3 rear bumper parachute effect ?

Hi has anyone cut holes in their rear bumper to reduce drag. If so any pics I'm looking for ideas ?
  29. Collister

Ultrasonic cleaning bath injectors?

Hi has anyone got any experience of this I would imagine it should make a good difference?
  30. Collister

Light weight heater fitting (track car)

Has anyone removed their heater matrix and fitted a light weight heater I'm doing mine at the moment but I'm a bit unsure if I can use the standard heater switch
  31. Collister

Spoon rocker cover paint code?

Hi does anyone know what the paint code is for spoon yellow ?
  32. Collister

K100 swap

Hi I'm looking to swap my k100 to my track car and put my stock Ecu on the former Jrsc car. i know the car will need to go to the local Honda dealer to have the keys programmed, but does anyone know if both ecu's can be programmed on the same car?
  33. Collister

Oil cooler pipework route

I'm swapping the oil cooler from my road car my track car but I'm not entirely happy with the route the pipework takes by the headlight any suggestions or pics of what others have done?
  34. Collister

Gearbox Oil Ep3

What gearbox oil do I run in my ep3? Also how much ?
  35. Collister

EP3 Ep manual windows?

Does anyone know if there was a UK model ep without electric front windows? I want to bin the electric windows off
  36. Collister

What clutch JRSC

Hi im currently building a Jackson Racing Supercharged track and hill climb car. Question is while I've got the box out what clutch should I put in is a standard oem up to the job?
  37. Collister

Sensible priced quick release boss kit?

Hi I have priced up an nrg quick release boss kit it's over 200 quid. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative which is decent quality?
  38. Collister

Polly Bush kits and castor increase bushes?

Hi Guys Im looking to Polly bush my car when I build it up in the next few weeks. I was looking to probably buy a Superpro kit however there seem to be a few other manufacturers doing kits cheaper anyone got any experience of the cheaper kits? I.e strong flex energy? Also anyone using the...
  39. Collister

Buddy Club or DC sports Manifold

Hi Just wondering if there is much difference between the two besides the price. does on see more noticeable gains? reason I ask I have a DC manifold at the moment however someone local to me is selling a buddy club one
  40. Collister

JRSC Service Questions

Hi can anyone help what plugs are best to run with a JRSC ie heat range? How much oil do I need it have a baffled sump fitted and a 19row oil cooler? cheers
  41. Collister

skunk2 rear control arms

Hi I have some skunk2 rear control arms, asr and beaks brace I haven't fitted. Will I need to get an alignment done as I fancy putting them on this weekend. I'm just not sure if the bolt onto the subframe is a cam bolt I'd imagine not but just checking?
  42. Collister

Fuel filter change ep3?

Has anomie done a how too or can tell me how to change mine I'm under the impression it's an I'm tank one on the ep3?
  43. Collister

Track car door cards what have you used

Hi im looking to track/race prep my ep3 I'm just wondering what everyone has done on their car?
  44. Collister

17x 7.5 rota's with 225/45's

Hi currently I have my standard ep3 wheels on with 225/45's but I want to put my rota's back on, has anyone ran 225/45's on 17x7.5 rims et45 the car is very low so I m unsure if they will catch the arches have been rolled. Idea as to the drop [/URL] [/URL]
  45. Collister

Bucket seats with just side mounts

Hi Im currently sorting a roll cage and racing spec seat mounts. the problem is I need to drive the car to SW for the install, is it easy enough to bolt my seats straight to the floor or side mounts without additional brackets etc?
  46. Collister

FN2 GT headlight bulbs

Hi what type of bulbs does the GT take? For some reason the other halfs one has a hid kit fitted
  47. Collister

Abs removal for track car

Hi has anyone removed the abs from their car is there much advantage for track cars ?
  48. Collister

Back box options? (not too loud)

Hi I'm looking at the possibility of changing the back box on my ep3 but i don't want something that's crazy loud. Ideally it would like to just fit it to my current setup anyone recomend options? current setup dc sports manifold supersprint centre section ( 1 box) standard backbox
  49. Collister

Shift light indicator EP3?

Has anyone used one of these worth buying? http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/ecu-electronics/shift-i-shift-light-progressive-universal-indicator.html
  50. Collister

HID kit for PFL Ep3

can anyone recommend a good sensible priced H4 HID kit?
  51. Collister

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

Well guys I picked up my 3rd type r up a JRSC EP3 about a month ago so thought it was about time I started a thread. I have done a few bits to it since it was purchased but have some big plans ahead. Current spec Engine Jackson Racing supercharger 8psi 650cc RC injectors Hondata K100 ecu Gruppe...
  52. Collister

Looking to do some track days in the north west

Hi guys im looking to do some trackdays this year can anyone suggest any good tracks in the NW. ideally I don't really want to be traveling too far from Liverpool or Lancaster say 2hours max any suggestions ? ideally I want a proper track as opposed to an airfield with cones like I have locally.
  53. Collister

Water Meth Injection with 8psi JRSC

Has anyone got a kit fitted on their ep3? Im just wondering if the benefits are worth the outlay and what sort of gain if any you get from the lower intake temps?
  54. Collister

Polly bush engine and gearbox mounts

Hi has anyone fitted them is it a worth while mod? Has anyone used these? http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/engine-tuneup/energy-suspension-engine-mount-inserts-civic-ep3-integra-dc5.html
  55. Collister

Stuke splitter on pre fl?

Has anyone fitted one on a pre-facelift ep3 ? http://www.stuke.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84
  56. Collister

Interior stripping Weight reduction ep3?

Probably a long shot but has anyone done a break down of what weight can be stripped out of an ep3? what weight are people's track cars on here?
  57. Collister

Cage for ep3?

I'm looking at fitting a cage in my ep3 as I'm planning on tracking and hill climbing it. Has anyone fitted one to their ep3 any pics or recommendations I have and a quick look at safety devices site. Ideally I'd like on that doesn't required the dash cutting
  58. Collister

Walker lip ?

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a plastic walker lip all I can find is fibre glass ones
  59. Collister

Brake upgrade options Ep3

Hi Guys im looking for a brake upgrade for my Ep3, I don't want to spend mental money. i know a lot of people run dc5 brembos are there any other bolt on options?
  60. Collister

EP3 Supercharged Ep3 anyone know it?

In contact with the guy
  61. Collister

Looking at returning dc5 or ep3

Hi I've had a couple of ep3's in the past I'm thinking about buying either an ep3 or Dc5. Is the there much noticeable difference between the two given the extra bit of power? one of my favourite parts of the ep3 is the gearbox how does the dc5 compare?
  62. Collister

DC2 DB8 DC5 Dc5 grill options

I'm looking at a pre facelift dc5 but I really don't like the front grill are there any options to change them? Does the facelift grill fit?
  63. Collister

Immobiliser issue fob broke

Hi I have an ep3 with a factory fitted thatcham t2 cat1 alarm however the fob is broken is there anyway to start my car without it or bypass it?
  64. Collister

Starting ep3 without a key?

Hi guys bit of a strange one I've got an ep3 without any keys is it possible start it without any doesn't neat it's only going to be a race car potentially thanks in advance
  65. Collister

Best fast road pads

Hi Guys what are the best fast road pads for an ep3 which have a decent bite when cold and ok for everyday commute?
  66. Collister

FN2 Type r and gt differences

Hi guys my misus is looking for an fn2 was just wondering what the difference is between the type and and the type r gt thanks
  67. Collister

Ep3 problem cutting out?

​Hi im going to look at a EP3 this weekend the guy said it has a speed sensor issue apparently some times when you slow down to about 5mph the car cuts out is this a common problem and anybody know how easy this is to fix? thanks
  68. Collister

Quick question Running problem

Hi im going to look at a EP3 this weekend the guy said it has a speed sensor issue apparently some times when you slow down to about 5mph the car cuts out is this a common problem and anybody know how easy this is to fix? thanks
  69. Collister

Thinking of another Ep3

Hi guys after selling my cosmic a few years ago i have been toying with the idea of another Ep3 was just wondering what sort of money a 30th AE with 40k would be worth?
  70. Collister

Supercharged Ep3 prices?

Hi guys just wondering what sort of money these are going for these days?
  71. Collister

carbon Laqure cracked

went to look at an evo last night and the carbon rear blade on the spoiler the laqure had stated to peel is there anything that can be done once the Laqure lifts?
  72. Collister

Anyone know where i can find the part no of this

I noticed last night that mine has a slight crack in the plastic piece in so better get a new one does anyone know where i can find the part number from or know of a microfiche? or even what it does? lol
  73. Collister

Fitting Recaros?

I managed to pick up some recaros from an evo 8 the other month am looking at sticking them in me car in the next few weeks just wondering is it just the same as fitting the ATR ones all i need to do is change the subframes over?
  74. Collister

Induction kit <£300

Im looking for a new induction kit for my car i previously had a k&n and it was pure Garbage so im lloking for a new kit i know a Gruppe m is the best but its way to much money imo so i want a kit and the most im willing to pay is 300 quid so anyone know what the best kit i can get for that is...
  75. Collister

Ep3 Door cards

Ive had this crazy idea that im going to stick my set of blue Evo 8 recaro front seats in my facelift ep3 so i was just wondering how much i would be looking at paying for a prefacelift passenger side door card from honda as i already have a drivers side one anyone able to help on the subject...
  76. Collister

Ep3 suspension

Im at that point again where im thinking of spending on the car lol. what sort of money am i looking at for a resonable setup not coilovers or anything serious just sports shocks and springs or sumit anyone enlighten me ? thanks in advance
  77. Collister

Ep3 Tyres?

Hi I need two tyres for me car i was just wondering if anyone can recommend any sensible priced tyres i dnt want to spend the price of Potenza’s or anything that flash just some decent yokos or summit I put two yokohamas on of my mum’s car the other day an it drove so much better than with the...
  78. Collister

car warrenty

Im looking into putting a warrenty on my car to sell it anyone know of any places that do a decent one for sensible money? thanks in advance
  79. Collister

Picked these up last weekend

Seen these on a local car website cheap so thought i might aswell buy them i was tempted to put them in the civic but its up for sale so they will be going in the MK1 Golf Gti track car . They are good condo but could do with a good clean
  80. Collister

Aem long ram

Not i have removed the rubbish k&N kit im looking and getting a long ram aem however after the K&N im pretty warey so i got a few questions first Is there any humming when the car is on tickover or low revs? where is the best place to get one? Many thanks
  81. Collister

K&N the opposite of Ronseal

I recently bought a K&N induction kit for my car and it was rubbish it was the exact oppsite of ronseal it done nothing it said on the tin The car became unresponsive Very poor fuel economy The induction roar was good the major problem was the fact that when the car idling and under 3k revs...
  82. Collister

what tyres to run?

When i bought my car it came with new tyres unfortunately they were nankangs which are pure garbage on the front so im looking at getting some better ones the car is mostly driven in the rain and damp roads so they must be reasonable in the wet, i dont want Bridgestone Potenza’s as personally i...
  83. Collister

K&N Induction kit (Hoover)

Hi Just wanting to find out if anyone else is having this problem Please Reply if you are as im currently talking to K&N about it and they are deniying it happens and its only my car. I recently fitted a induction kit to my car and now it is making a loud humming noise like a industrial Vacum...
  84. Collister

EP3 Launch Control?

I have just been reading a thread on Civic life and some members on there are saying that they have launch Control as standard is this true or is it just a myth?
  85. Collister

kpro or remap

Would a Kpro/ k100 remaped give you anymore bhp than just a stock ecu remaped? thanks
  86. Collister

Whats the best thing about owning an EP3

People loves their car for many different reasons whats yours ill start? Everyone is envious of your car lol And its one of the few cars that are still fun and envolving to drive
  87. Collister

My Cosmic EP3

I have finally got around to sorting a photobucket account so i thought i would post a few pics of my car so here is my 2004 Civic Type R I have started playing around with it but nothing serious yet :cool: Before the Hids and K&N Thanks for looking
  88. Collister

Uk Ep3 in white?

A question that i have always wondered did they make a uk ep3 in Championship white? Reason i ask is the first coupple of Ep3's i seen on the island were white
  89. Collister

Is this true

Is it possible to get 230bhp with them few mods? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1532441.htm Also is it and opional extra for rear headrests i dont think ive seen one without them?
  90. Collister

ep3 dc5 manifold

does anyone know what i need to change to fit a dc5 mainfold and cat on my ep3? thanks
  91. Collister

Dc5 calipers on Ep3?

Is it an easy conversion to put some on an ep3? and how much are u looking to pay to get a set?
  92. Collister

JDM parts

Anyone know of the cheapest way of getting a hold of Jdm Engine parts such as Inlet mainfold, cams ? Also how can you tell the difference in the manifolds?
  93. Collister

Vtec Controller

Has anyone got one of these on a Ep3? Is it possible for your average man to change your vTec point safely? http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=ELECTRONICS&level2=VTEC-MIVEC-VVTI+CONTROLLERS&level3=&id_product=2350
  94. Collister

What mpg do you get

I just done a Mpg test on my car i mainly done town driving and a coupple of resonable runs and i worked it out i was getting 22.5mpg is that about average?
  95. Collister

what to do next

now i have just done the wheels i have fell back in love with the car so can anyone think of an other subtle mods to do no body kits or anything like that though?
  96. Collister

This weeks mod

Finally getting round the refurbing my wheels took the week off work so i will start cleaning them up and get them sprayed. Im going the spray them a darker grey than the car so they should look good ill get some photos up when im finshed :cool:
  97. Collister

To sell or not to sell

Ive just put my car up for sale on a local website but im unsure if to sell it or not. If i do i don’t know what to get next ant suggestions insurance isn’t a problem and my limit is 10k at the very most
  98. Collister

Sub In Ep3

How much do you think it would cost me roughly to get a sub wired into my car ive already got the sub, amp and all the wiring kit. any ideas?
  99. Collister

K&N 57i EP3

Hi just put a K&N 57i kit on my car last night all is good but when the car is on tickover and low revs it makes like a whiring sound like the fans on any ideas what the problem could be? Before anyone bothers the give their opinions with unhelpful posts about who K&N are rubbish dont bother...
  100. Collister

regular or Vpower

Is there any difference as ive been running mine on vpower the last few weeks and now ive gone back to the regular stuff and i havent really noticed any difference in performance, but ddnt think to check what mpg i was getting with vpower though. anyone get any views on this?
Back