• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. luke_ep3ctr

T-Cut

I have a 2004 Milano EP3, what T-Cut would you suggest to use to bring my faded bonnet and roof back to glory?
  2. luke_ep3ctr

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

I think thats what I was looking at. The bolts are knackered though.
  3. luke_ep3ctr

Car Park Incident - Front Bumper Respray

I just got two quotes. £165-£180 to reshape the splitter, remove the bumper to pull the wing out, and a respray of that corner and £220-£280 for repair and a complete respray of my entire front bumper and splitter. Thoughts?
  4. luke_ep3ctr

Bear in mind the only thing I know how to change on a car (mechanically) is the Air Filter (I had a K&N on my 206 before)
  5. luke_ep3ctr

I don't know where the drive shaft is haha. Is it the fat piece near the bottom of the exhaust. I found something thats similar with 3 bolts.
  6. luke_ep3ctr

Car is jacked up. Is it the piece, near the centre of the car, about 6 inches behind the front tyres? Nevermind, the bolts are too old to take off manually like that. I'll just drop it into my local garage and ask them to do it. The bolts are in a terrible state.
  7. luke_ep3ctr

Ok buddy. Well at least I know now I shouldn't be worried about jacking it up higher. Thanks
  8. luke_ep3ctr

Thanks. I was worried about raising it too high, as in most cars the wheels tends to lift but mine wasn't budging so I didn't want to do any damage. Where abouts is the Heatshield? I was looking around the front drivers side tyre. But everything under the car is just... black.
  9. luke_ep3ctr

Couple of questions; 1) When you jack the EP3 up is it usual for the tyre to take a while before it actually lifts off the ground? 2) Is there a better description or could someone possibly take a photo of the heatshield? My eyes are poor. Thanks
  10. luke_ep3ctr

Car Park Incident - Front Bumper Respray

hi guys, just yesterday i left my car in an unsecure car park and has someone scratch the front bumper, passenger side. unfortunatley i have no idea who did it. just wondering how much it would cost to respray and if anyone knows anybody in the derbyshire/nottinghamshire area who can do it...
  11. luke_ep3ctr

Where is the best place to put a jack under a Type-R to get to the heatshield (this is my first time jacking it)
  12. luke_ep3ctr

Insurance costs for people under 25

I just went to Admiral and they quoted me 2k? 5 NCB, 22 years old, living in a quiet part of Derbyshire, what the hell?!
  13. luke_ep3ctr

Just out of curiosity, what is the heatshield for? I mean if you can remove it without any reprecussions, it seems redundant, like a human apendix.
  14. luke_ep3ctr

I have a rattle around 2.5k RPM. Could this be a heatshield issue, or are the revs too low?
  15. luke_ep3ctr

Buzzing Sound Between 2-2.5k RPM

Hi guys, I own a 2004 EP3 Type-R, I've had it for a little over a year and it has developed this rather disconcerning buzzing sound from the engine when I rev between 2k and 2.5k approx. through every gear. Now my neighbour, self-elected car expert, said since my car has done 65k that the...
  16. luke_ep3ctr

New EP3 Owner

Thanks Although, you got me worried with the fade now What can I do to prevent this? Or make it take longer?
  17. luke_ep3ctr

New EP3 Owner

Beautiful day, so took this picture on my lunch break
  18. luke_ep3ctr

hey dude I was just talking to Shaenei and he told me you were the guy to talk to about light...

hey dude I was just talking to Shaenei and he told me you were the guy to talk to about light bulbs for ep3s.
  19. luke_ep3ctr

New EP3 Owner

Thanks man, I'll have to check them and LeeH out
  20. luke_ep3ctr

New EP3 Owner

Thanks, I just checked your sig car. Can I ask where did you get 6k 35W HIDS?
  21. luke_ep3ctr

New EP3 Owner

Hi guys, New EP3 owner as of Saturday. 55k on the clock, 1 previous owner who has kept it in fabulous condition. Any fittings you would suggest? Also, my friend (owner of an EK9) has the same issue, with the windows, they go down fine but not always back up is this a common issue?
Back