• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2003 EP3 new brake calipers - paint?

Hi All,

I will be replacing my calipers with OEM Nissin (rear at least). They come with a bright anodized (I think) finish - so I'm looking to paint them red.

Can anyone let me know the best way/paint to DIY please. Anyone know the RAL colour?

Regards,

Mark.

Hi mate, I recently changed my calipers for new ones and painted them with a brush using red smooth hammerite. Looks good imo. But you can paint them with a spray of any colour choice and you will get a better finish with spray.

I painted my new ones red with some caliper paint from eBay. Was about 6 quid. I just cleaned them with brake cleaner then slapped a couple of coats on. Looks fine to me and matches the brembos a bit better.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I did mine a couple of months back. Painted them in situ as it's my daily I couldn't be bothered with removing them.

Cleaned them up with a wire brush and degreaser. Then brush painted using Hammerite Smooth red paint.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Have any of you who have painted your own calipers ever done trackdays? Has the paint coped with the heat?

I have just bought some two pack paint from my local auto paint supplier

Weather permitting I hope to get the rear of the car in the air and replace the rear calipers & flexi hoses along wit the drop links.

Then refurb the brake sliders and paint the lot (old sliders and new (refurbed) callipers).

I live in hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rear callipremoved

Only managed to remove one caliper untill the weather/ light lost.
I need to get the slider blasted to match the new then paint.

IMG_4246.JPG

Removed the other caliper today and fitted the new braided flexy brake hoses to both rear.

I now need to get the sliders blasted ready for painting, so all the brakes can be painted in one go.

Hope to get this done and painted ready for fitting at the w/e.

I also have the new rear drop links to fit

Grinded-off the old drop links and removed the sway bar so i could safely remove the rust from both ends, treat and repaint with POR15
Painted the rear calipers and sliders. Hope to fit everything this w/e if the weather permits!

IMG_4271.JPG

Fitted the drop links and sway bar - is the sway bar fitted correctly - I forgot to photo it before I removed it?

IMG_4274.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 9
If these rear calipers are useful to someone please let me know & I will post at cost.

Removed from my 03 EP3.

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

Back