• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2009 FN2 GT 34K Water in Lower Boot Well.

New to the forum guys. Really hoping someone can help here, just bought my 09 CTR GT few weeks ago. Today I noticed the rear window had steamed up and car had not been used so I had a look. What I found was a puddle on the left side of the lower boot well compartment. . Does anyone know where the likely location of a leak could be. The upper boot compartment all seems dry.
Thanks.

Could be the spoiler. It's easy to remove and you can use rubber washers around the bolt holes. Could also be the rear lights from memory
Thank you mate I will have a look there today and do a water test.... after I dry the smelly swaplike water from the lower well

Other sources are the roof seam by the hinges, seam under the outer rear lights (indicators), bolt holes that hold that light unit on.
Captain Tolleys leak sealer or Plumbers Gold sealer are favourites to fix it.

Thanks mate I will give that a check. I did a temp seal on the top seams and inside the tail light hpusing seams with acrylic filler to see if it helps until I can get proper sealer or epoxy.

There's a great video on YouTubeof how to fix all the issues of water ingress into the boot. Regards Fred.

Back