• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2020 CTR Road Departure Mitigation RDM Modes

Hiya,

Rainy day today so took the opportunity to play about with some defaults.

Despite looking in the 850 page manual and various youtube videos, I can’t seem to find anything that explains the difference between ‘delayed’ and ‘Normal’ RDM modes... without testing it out live, what’s deemed as normal and how delayed is delayed before it warns me? Does delayed wait until my tyres has crossed the line?

I appreciate I can always switch it on / off as necessary...

thanks.

Answer added below, edited with clearer information - confirmed by Honda:

Delayed setting on a 2 or 3 lane carriageway:

- An alert is only issued if the vehicle is about to cross outer edge of carriageway
- Works only on outer edge of the carriageway / pavement (solid line)
- Dotted lines separating traffic in the middle of the carriageway are ignored
- Steering wheel torque is only applied when crossing outer edge of carriage way / pavement
- No vibration is applied when crossing outer edge of carriage way / pavement
- Brakes are applied if necessary

Normal or Early Setting on a 2 or 3 lane carriageway:

- An alert is issued
- Works on ALL central lanes (dotted lines) including outer edge of the carriageway / pavement (solid line)
- Steering wheel torque and vibration is applied when crossing central dotted lanes
- Steering wheel torque is applied when about to cross outer edge of carriage way / pavement
- No vibration is applied when crossing outer edge of carriage way / pavement
- Brakes are applied if necessary

Delayed is the new "Wide" setting!

Much clearer than the information in the manual....

Back