• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

I was also concerned but they have been brilliant paid for replacement tyres as the ones on it were budget and a few plastic trims that had marks on they have agreed to change, (I'm off to Honda in a bit). They drop the car off on an enclosed trailer, you have 7 days or 250 miles to send it back if you don't like it.

I've been really impressed with them.

Cool thanks for the info, will add it to the place to consider then as I always excluded the likes of them from my results by bypassing them straight away due to concerns of not seeing the car in person etc. I guess its a part of being older and old school so to speak lol...

I must have, all had bad bolsters apart from one which had a bad 1st to 2nd shift so walked away. I will keep my eye on the market as I am not going to paying over the odds for one as I am paying for it outright and it's only to be my daily so there's no rush as such. Still torn between one and the I30N and the FK8 however, both have pro's and con's. I however may hold out until the start of the year and await the 2022 release details and price

As someone who owned 2x i30Ns, just don't... The dealer network is not there to support the type of product they sell. They have been selling eco sh*tboxes for donkey's years and treat people with N cars just the same. The cars themselves are good but I'd wait for the right Type R if I was you.

As someone who owned 2x i30Ns, just don't... The dealer network is not there to support the type of product they sell. They have been selling eco sh*tboxes for donkey's years and treat people with N cars just the same. The cars themselves are good but I'd wait for the right Type R if I was you.

How come you dislike them so much but had two ? I found they were just as engaging as the FK8 to drive, but value for money (what you get for the price means you get a lot more car), it also looks nicer than an FK8 and one thing I loved is that it actually drives like a rwd car more than a fwd with great rear rotation out the box.

The I30N Performance is the one I like and have been driving (which is higher powered one), is that the one you had? Power is not something I want as such as I have been there done it with so many cars, now I want a daily that's fun and going to stay looking good for years to come

How come you dislike them so much but had two ? I found they were just as engaging as the FK8 to drive, but value for money (what you get for the price means you get a lot more car), it also looks nicer than an FK8 and one thing I loved is that it actually drives like a rwd car more than a fwd with great rear rotation out the box.

The I30N Performance is the one I like and have been driving (which is higher powered one), is that the one you had? Power is not something I want as such as I have been there done it with so many cars, now I want a daily that's fun and going to stay looking good for years to come

The first car was used (10k miles or so) and the second was brand new. Had to reject both of various issues, basically related to QC and dealers unable to work on them properly. Post #32 onwards in my thread on here lists some of my journey with those problems, have a read: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/sk-rs-hyundai-i30n-performance.79806/

It was the N performance version yeah, I don't think the other one is worth buying. I agree it looks better than the FK8 (tamer as such) but I don't think its the better car overall as well as the dealer network is beyond a joke.

The first car was used (10k miles or so) and the second was brand new. Had to reject both of various issues, basically related to QC and dealers unable to work on them properly. Post #32 onwards in my thread on here lists some of my journey with those problems, have a read: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/sk-rs-hyundai-i30n-performance.79806/

It was the N performance version yeah, I don't think the other one is worth buying. I agree it looks better than the FK8 (tamer as such) but I don't think its the better car overall as well as the dealer network is beyond a joke.

Honda are shocking now though also tbh, loads of people I know have had multiple issues and FK8's rusting and them not dealing with it is a major concern

I will take a look thanks, I love the look of the I30N and think pound for pound its a better car, however the FK8 would be at it's normal price, just not now with the stupid dreamers prices

Oddly everyone says they are worth it, but clearly not when not selling and dealers constantly messaging and calling me offering me deals, which imo are still too high for me to consider wasting my money on. For not a lot more I can get another GTR or an R8

Honda are shocking now though also tbh, loads of people I know have had multiple issues and FK8's rusting and them not dealing with it is a major concern

I will take a look thanks, I love the look of the I30N and think pound for pound its a better car, however the FK8 would be at it's normal price, just not now with the stupid dreamers prices

Oddly everyone says they are worth it, but clearly not when not selling and dealers constantly messaging and calling me offering me deals, which imo are still too high for me to consider wasting my money on. For not a lot more I can get another GTR or an R8

That is true, it seems a lot of brands we used to praise and love have now been watered down. Right now I wouldn't be buying any used car, the market is trash and people are in for a shock when the bubble bursts and their recently leased 35k used car is now worth 10k less, as it was pre-covid.

That is true, it seems a lot of brands we used to praise and love have now been watered down. Right now I wouldn't be buying any used car, the market is trash and people are in for a shock when the bubble bursts and their recently leased 35k used car is now worth 10k less, as it was pre-covid.

100% mate this is why I have not bought anything since selling my car in April, I am a cash buyer for two cars (track and road) so have the cash just sitting waiting :)

You can keep the fk2 and fk8 seats mint even with daily use. But it's a serious commitment. My fk2 ones looked brand new after 4.5 years and 40k plus miles.

Required

Lifting yourself in and out every time, using various parts of the car to support yourself to ensure no rubbing.

Regular brushing with a suede brush.

Avoid the shite dream seat covers that have seams on the inside that rub the fibres away on the seats as you get in and out and move about. Seen loads of seats ruined by these.

Regular cleaning (but never getting them really wet, or leaving any product on/in the fibres)

All a total ball ache and only possible if your of a slimmer / lighter body frame and really committed to keeping them nice.

Fk8 ones seem much easier to keep decent imo due to smaller and softer bolsters (although don't hold you anywhere near as well as fk2 ones)

But I agree they could easily make the areas that will likely have contact from something better.
Bang on! Took me a few months to get into this routine for my DC5. Thankfully I'm nice and thin.

A wet vac helps too so you're not scrubbing the material.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back