• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

The seats wear because they have high bolsters to keep your ass in place during cornering. Be careful what you wish for. We will all be complaining the seats weren’t sporty enough if they modify them too much. The FK8 side bolsters are already a lot softer than the FK2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am fully aware of the design reasons as I generally pull oem seats out and put Recaro Pole Positions in my cars which are far superior for everything inc comfort. The oem seats are 100% (IMO) cr*p seats. The DC2, EK9, DC5 recaro's were far superior for comfort and usability as a daily carr and were much harder wearing (whilst also looking a million times better). The bolsters on the FK2 and FK8 seats are not hard wearing enough for such a seating position. I viewed a 12K car and the bolster looked so old and tatty it was unreal. TBH the seats in type R's have been shocking since they lost or stopped the contract with Recaro. I dread to imagine what an 80k miles car's bolsters will look like...

I just hope they don't come with the same seats as the FK2 and FK8 or if they do then they need to revise them as they really are not that nice looking and the bolsters are shocking for wear and look tatty after so little miles it's embarrassing for such a car.

Also they need to offer a few colour combo's (e.g. Black with some red instead of just red with some black). I have recently seen an FK2 for sale with the black seats with some red (first I have ever seen) and the seats look miles better.

Looking forward to some more info on the release, I think I may hold out for one depending on final details and spec's etc

We forget how crap the material and build quality was on the DC2 seats, foam collapse was so bad, however they must learn at some point as a 2019 car should not suffer from crinkles and bolster issues like the FK8 does... I just can't see it through as they have had so many generations to learn from .

You can keep the fk2 and fk8 seats mint even with daily use. But it's a serious commitment. My fk2 ones looked brand new after 4.5 years and 40k plus miles.

Required

Lifting yourself in and out every time, using various parts of the car to support yourself to ensure no rubbing.

Regular brushing with a suede brush.

Avoid the shite dream seat covers that have seams on the inside that rub the fibres away on the seats as you get in and out and move about. Seen loads of seats ruined by these.

Regular cleaning (but never getting them really wet, or leaving any product on/in the fibres)

All a total ball ache and only possible if your of a slimmer / lighter body frame and really committed to keeping them nice.

Fk8 ones seem much easier to keep decent imo due to smaller and softer bolsters (although don't hold you anywhere near as well as fk2 ones)

But I agree they could easily make the areas that will likely have contact from something better.

Liking the look of this. I hope they have managed to keep the mass the same as the FK8 and give the engine a bit of a tickle, it has the potential to be a good car. The interior looks like a good step up.

We forget how crap the material and build quality was on the DC2 seats, foam collapse was so bad, however they must learn at some point as a 2019 car should not suffer from crinkles and bolster issues like the FK8 does... I just can't see it through as they have had so many generations to learn from .

I never found the DC2, EK9 or DC5’s suffered issues and found them to be pretty hard wearing tbh. This was my DC5 drivers recaro the weeks I picked it up, it had covered 88k miles and I repaired it for storage whilst I fitted Pole Positions.

The upper cannot be repaired easily without a whole upper rebuild by capital seating, however the lower fabric was like new still and the bolster wasn’t that bad tbh.

FK2 and FK8 seats just look so poor after so little use and even climbing in and out doesn’t keep them from creasing which just shows the cheap quality :-(

I think you’re right though, they will not address the issues which is a shame as the seats lack of colour combos, look and wear is one of the cars major floors making it look cheaply built IMO :-(

Attachments

• 5296BCDC-FEEF-458C-B66C-49DC522C65AD.jpeg
    5296BCDC-FEEF-458C-B66C-49DC522C65AD.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 9D702A1E-3628-453E-B6A6-4FAC0BC88645.jpeg
    9D702A1E-3628-453E-B6A6-4FAC0BC88645.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 744BEEF6-0F0C-4BEA-B521-1A387AE2F8DA.jpeg
    744BEEF6-0F0C-4BEA-B521-1A387AE2F8DA.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 10
  • B38661CD-D89F-4A68-888E-016146E2303D.jpeg
    B38661CD-D89F-4A68-888E-016146E2303D.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 9
You can keep the fk2 and fk8 seats mint even with daily use. But it's a serious commitment. My fk2 ones looked brand new after 4.5 years and 40k plus miles.

Required

Lifting yourself in and out every time, using various parts of the car to support yourself to ensure no rubbing.

Regular brushing with a suede brush.

Avoid the shite dream seat covers that have seams on the inside that rub the fibres away on the seats as you get in and out and move about. Seen loads of seats ruined by these.

Regular cleaning (but never getting them really wet, or leaving any product on/in the fibres)

All a total ball ache and only possible if your of a slimmer / lighter body frame and really committed to keeping them nice.

Fk8 ones seem much easier to keep decent imo due to smaller and softer bolsters (although don't hold you anywhere near as well as fk2 ones)

But I agree they could easily make the areas that will likely have contact from something better.

Fully get that and being smaller I have no issues but what bothers me is for the price I would expect better quality and harder wearing interior that doesn’t look aged so quickly.

They could even have the contact areas strengthened or in leather or something with Alacantara centres and so on.

but I’d deff like them to loose some of the red in place for black on certain car colours to make the combo look nicer (or at least have the option for buyers)

Is it just me or does the new 2022 Type R closely resemble the I30N Fastback (just with an added spoiler)?

Attachments

• 2022 Typr R & Fastback I30N.JPG
    2022 Typr R & Fastback I30N.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
Fully get that and being smaller I have no issues but what bothers me is for the price I would expect better quality and harder wearing interior that doesn’t look aged so quickly.

They could even have the contact areas strengthened or in leather or something with Alacantara centres and so on.

but I’d deff like them to loose some of the red in place for black on certain car colours to make the combo look nicer (or at least have the option for buyers)

Going to disagree with you on this, I've owned 3 x DC2's and a DC5, as well as two FK8's the latter being on 34k miles and no issues with the seat at all. I distinctly remember seeing a lot of 60k mile DC'2 with knackered and ripped up bolsters and seats. I don't buy the FK8 seats being worse, it's just how people treat them, the bolsters are higher so get caught more upon entry and exit so a design issue rather than quality of materials.

Seats aside, I think it will be a cracking car if they improve on the FK8 and deal with the average build quality issues.

Going to disagree with you on this, I've owned 3 x DC2's and a DC5, as well as two FK8's the latter being on 34k miles and no issues with the seat at all. I distinctly remember seeing a lot of 60k mile DC'2 with knackered and ripped up bolsters and seats. I don't buy the FK8 seats being worse, it's just how people treat them, the bolsters are higher so get caught more upon entry and exit so a design issue rather than quality of materials.

Seats aside, I think it will be a cracking car if they improve on the FK8 and deal with the average build quality issues.

We all have our own experiences with all

Well so far every FK8 I have viewed the seats have been shocking, so it shows they are an issue (or 99% of owners don’t treat them right) which is a shame

Aside from this Honda need to address quite a few things from quality control, to seals, sealant and the infotainment which I found to be appealing for such a car (especially at the very very unjustified inflated prices).

We all have our own experiences with all

Well so far every FK8 I have viewed the seats have been shocking, so it shows they are an issue (or 99% of owners don’t treat them right) which is a shame

Aside from this Honda need to address quite a few things from quality control, to seals, sealant and the infotainment which I found to be appealing for such a car (especially at the very very unjustified inflated prices).
I think you have just got unlucky, just need to look at close up pics on Autotrader and see how decent condition some of the seats are in. I fully agree re th rest of the build quality, its not a patch on previous type R's and they need to up their game, so many rattles... and don't get me started on the infotainment system...

One things for sure .. when this gets released all the people that are currently buying used FK8s on pcp for £35k plus are in for a nasty surprise when they get them valued …

Yep can see a big drop coming especially for the 19 and 20 plate cars that's went for close to list or over. The new type R is not that far away.

From what I can see nothing priced really high has sold in the last few weeks. Seems demand has dried up.

Last edited:
I think you have just got unlucky, just need to look at close up pics on Autotrader and see how decent condition some of the seats are in. I fully agree re th rest of the build quality, its not a patch on previous type R's and they need to up their game, so many rattles... and don't get me started on the infotainment system...

I must have, all had bad bolsters apart from one which had a bad 1st to 2nd shift so walked away. I will keep my eye on the market as I am not going to paying over the odds for one as I am paying for it outright and it's only to be my daily so there's no rush as such. Still torn between one and the I30N and the FK8 however, both have pro's and con's. I however may hold out until the start of the year and await the 2022 release details and price

I must have, all had bad bolsters apart from one which had a bad 1st to 2nd shift so walked away. I will keep my eye on the market as I am not going to paying over the odds for one as I am paying for it outright and it's only to be my daily so there's no rush as such. Still torn between one and the I30N and the FK8 however, both have pro's and con's. I however may hold out until the start of the year and await the 2022 release details and price

Don't pay over the odds as they will drop soon, especially when the new one gets released. I'm on my 2nd one and got it for a half decent price from Cazoo, I'd keep an eye on their website.

Don't pay over the odds as they will drop soon, especially when the new one gets released. I'm on my 2nd one and got it for a half decent price from Cazoo, I'd keep an eye on their website.

Will do mate, I have held off and luckily don't even need a car at present for work or anything :)

Not looked on there but will keep an eye on there thanks, always concerned when I cannot personally view a car before buying it, how does it work with them ?

Will do mate, I have held off and luckily don't even need a car at present for work or anything :)

Not looked on there but will keep an eye on there thanks, always concerned when I cannot personally view a car before buying it, how does it work with them ?
I was also concerned but they have been brilliant paid for replacement tyres as the ones on it were budget and a few plastic trims that had marks on they have agreed to change, (I'm off to Honda in a bit). They drop the car off on an enclosed trailer, you have 7 days or 250 miles to send it back if you don't like it.

I've been really impressed with them.

Back