• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'57 Milano FN2 - First Hot Hatch

Updates!
Since fitting the HKS RSK, I now have the 70mm Tegiwa single exit catback. It is a little louder than I expected, but I am considering taking the RSK back off. It sounds lovely, just the fitment isn't too great at the exit end - a bit of rattle on low idle. A well made product though and I look forward to seeing the gains come remap time.

Interior wise - I have fitted a short shifter, new gaiter and Skunk2 knob, as well as the interior foot well lights - just in time for summer when they will probably never get used!

I'm also in the process of hammerite painting my wheel arches. I also have some kurust & paint for some small surface rust underneath on the rear beam, around the tow hook etc.. And a neighbour has mixed a very potent yellow for my calipers :D

It has also been freshened up with a seats-out carpet clean and hoover, new H badges and new OE fog lights.

New PCV + hose yesterday as it was very rattly.

Next up i'm thinking a rear wing and wheel refurb (I will attempt a DIY job) - probably a standard silver colour but they need freshening up.

Overall i'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of the journey of the car - I know it isn't the quickest hot hatch but it is MINE :D

Nice positive review Chaz. You had a three hour drive back with the new clutch - any difference to the feel of it? Perhaps the notchy gear changes will get easier after the clutch has bedded in. Those guys do seem to rattle through the jobs, working all hours....

Hey, apologies for the delayed response.
The new clutch was a far better feel. The pedal response is very soft and light, almost "flappy" in comparison to the old, stiff pedal feel!

Back