• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

I'm keen to fit an aftermarket exhaust to my FK8. Partly to beef up the sound and partly because I'm not overly satisfied with the look of the three pipe OEM exhaust.

Has anyone done this, or found a sympathetic Honda dealer to fit it for them, and still managed to keep their warranty intact?

I have done this with other cars and the dealers have overlooked the fitment of a non standard exhaust, whilst still dealing with non related warranty claims. I've no experience with Honda or their dealers, but would hope the same is true.

Would be good to hear if anyone has experience here, beyond the usual anecdotal horror stories of evil manufacturers and misguided car owners.

It’s bad enough getting Honda to honour warranty on a standard car ..

I had a HKS LEGAMAX and a milltek.

If I had another I would go HKS again as the quality was far superior.

I have Dottys old HKS, to me it is perfect no drone, noisey enough without you annoying people, looks great and sounds nice. It is not loud though, would describe an almost oem upgrade exhaust type noise. Had it on the car 3 years now.

I have Dottys old HKS, to me it is perfect no drone, noisey enough without you annoying people, looks great and sounds nice. It is not loud though, would describe an almost oem upgrade exhaust type noise. Had it on the car 3 years now.

Matt, did your dealer say anything to you re the exhaust during any servicing and did you have any warranty work carried out during that time?

Dotty's comment re Honda doesn't fill me with hope, but I don't see why they should be any more problematic than BMW/Audi/Lexus or Porsche who haven't given me any problems over the years.

I did initially look at the two HKS systems as this was my initial preference (a throwback from my Evo days), but I'm rather taken with the Fujitsubo and Apexi Evolution offerings. I'm just trying to work out my appetite for risk re potential Honda dealings.

These cars more than others are prime for some minor bolt on mods, I don't know why Honda doesn't have their own line of approved options.

It does, but sadly not in this country

and there is only one supplier.....

;)

Chris.

Aha, of course :p Indeed, try hey completely slipped my mind. A rather missed opportunity there.

It just seems odd to me that for a car so focused and designed to see some track work, that there is little/no tollerence for some small modifications. Did they honestly think CTR owners would want to leave things alone ;)

Never had an issue with servicing or warranty other than them refusing to change two rusty bolts! I have had 3 wheels replaced, ac radiator replaced, wheel nuts replaced since new, not one query. My dealer fitted aftermarket pads (too lazy to do rears) and 2020 grill for me, used two one in Carlisle and Kendal. Arguable if just adding a cat back unsure if it really does anything. I fitted the exhaust myself, was a piece of cake once on the jack stands.

oh pull the pins in the suspension strut, they rust, if you get the geo checked, you can pull a bit more camber out too after removing pins.

What was wrong with your wheels Matt?

Yeah I'm just looking for a cat back system, it's really only sound that I as affected. I believe a dealer would be hard pushed to void your warranty over that alone. I think I'm now of a mind to just do it.

The paint peeled off on the edges, the inners were not painted at all and showed signs of corrosion. The wheels particularly the rear are susceptible to chipping, many fit front mud guards, I haven’t as don’t like the look. I’ll take a picture of the wheel they allowed me to keep as a spare on Thursday , next time I’m home.

Exhausts are easy to remove should you need to make a warranty claim. I've had 2 Milltek systems and now have a Remus. The build quality on the Remus is superior, but its nearly double the price. Electronic controller is a must IMO.

Back