• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So after having a huge change in circumstances i'm finally able to move away from two compromised vehicles that wouldn't typically be my choice of car, especially at this stage in my life (Older, getting fatter and with child lol)
However i am still car mad and a bit of a hooligan behind the wheel if i am totally honest.....

Having had a E46 M3, 2x E92 M3 and a M4 in the Bmw family tree its safe to say that they are cars that suit my taste.
Sure, i've had other fantastic experiences as i love cars in general and naturally other motors often take my fancy.
The list is fairly extensive starting with 'hot' hondas when i was younger (EG6 Vti, Dc2+DC5 integra, S2000) then after a short stint with a E46 M3 i had a Audi R8, Porsche Cayman S, Alfa 147 GTA amongst others.

5 Years ago i had a change of circumstances and needed to travel approx 50k miles per year, at that time i had a beautiful AY M4 with ceramics etc which i obviously didn't want to give up as i had just let go of my dream spec E92 for it.

I decided to buy a dull, efficient but inexpensive work car and keep the M4. The problem was with the M4 sat on the drive i started to use it more and more often as i couldn't justify it just being sat there all day and the temptation not to drive the boring Honda Insight was too great.

I did this for around 8 months until the reality hit me that it just made no sense as i was barely using the M4 whilst trying to save money on fuel and not batter the immaculate M4, so i decided to sell both cars and get something nice and fuel efficient that i could enjoy day to day as being in the Honda for those miles/hours was far from pleasant.
I looked at many options but ultimately decided on a Tesla Performance, fast, great tech, reliable, no road tax, no servicing and no fuel costs plus the additional benefit of 18% tax benefit due to being zero emissions.

I was quite happy like this for a good while if i am honest as i was so busy that i didn't give it much thought but reality came crashing in when our yearly Nurburgring trip came up in conversation, sure the Tesla would get there and i would be happy to do a lap or so in it but there would be some issues like charging and added journey time.
I also knew it wasn't really the car for the task so i quickly found myself a track prepped red megane ph2 cup 225 just for the nurburgring trip, i was fairly happy with the the way the car performed and managed a 8mins 19sec BTG.

I also did a track day in it as a shake down and decided it had to stay for track duties and weekend blasts. This appeared to be a great balance, it was cheap/fun/nippy and nice to have a more driving focused car back whilst retaining a lovely daily motor.

I did upgrade to a tuned RS250 as i wanted something a tad more useable and modern but the fact that i am a rear wheel drive kind of guy was ultimately frustrating me on track days and weekend hoons, sadly there wasn't much in the way of decent cheap rwd hatchbacks (i wanted a boot for the dog so i could use it for family weekends away in wales/scotland-Hoons to the shops of course lol)

Things then changed again a we were expecting our first child, so the 3 door megane had to go. I found a immaculate Civic FK2 Type R for very sensible money so decided to go for it.
The civic was ideal, with a few tasty bits on it the performance was hugely impressive and it had a big boot with 5 doors. Problem solved/job done......

That was 4 months ago and despite being fwd again i was happy at this, a few months earlier i also changed to a new Tesla Performance and upgraded the wifes car so i was quite content with the vehicles in the household.

I'd been looking at my Business for quite sometime with the desire to go a different direction but never made the move, however recently i've decided its time to do it.

So, Tesla and civic sold it was time to get back in 'my kind of car' :)

I quickly started browsing the internet looking at F80 M3's and C63S, as this would be used daily now it needed back doors but the need for a rear hatch wasn't a major concern as the wife had a practical 4x4 and being able to use the car daily i wasn't to fussed about using her car for weekends away........
Now, i had lusted after the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio since it was first released. I remember seeing it in the London motorshow and making a B line for it fighting others out of the way to sit in it and have a good poke around it. Since then i've seen a handful on the road and it always had my head swiveling trying to get a better look. They just appeared so pretty yet menacing.

Over the years I watched plenty of reviews and followed the owners experiences keen to hear how they did reliability wise. Apart from a what seemed a few silly glitches they appeared to exceed owners expectations, i was pretty sure i'd own one at some point.

After familiarising myself with the various options/specs i set out on the hunt for one, i originally wanted the carbon seat option but the reviews had said that they creaked and where not comfortable - especially as the standard seat option is so good and supportive.

I found this one in stunning Misano Blue, every option apart from 2x things (carbon seats and carbon brakes) i really wanted carbon brakes but sadly they are pretty rare :(

Still, i couldn't let that hold me back! This car was immaculate, low mileage, high spec and the colour i was drooling over so i thought i better get on with it and get it bought!

I must say after reading all the reviews they just don't do it justice. The exterior is even more stunning in the flesh as is the interior, despite some lower rent plastics in certain places it feels high quality and special. Its a sense of occasion without ruining the practicality, did i mention the big fixed position aluminium paddles? mmmmmmm

Driving it home reminded how good these feel, supple suspension, lightening steering which loads up beautifully and yet still a sharpness that encourages you to drive hard.

You really can feel the ferarri influence, carbon active splitter, spoiler, roof, bonnet and propshaft reads for an exciting drive and it really doesn't disappoint.

Anyway, if you are still with me apologies for the long story but thanks for reading!

Heres the car details...

2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio in Misano Blue

Spec is as follows....

-Red calipers £425

-Red stitching £195

-Steering wheel with carbon insert £425

-Privacy Glass £275

-19” dark 5 hole wheels 695

-Harmon Kardon audio Pack £950

-Convenience Pack £535

Keyless entry

Door handle lights

Storage compartment drivers side

-Power Seats Pack £995

8 point power seats heated front seats

Heated steering wheel

Decided to upgrade the tyres from the Pirelli Corsa's as they just don't work in the winter!

Originally wanted Michelin PS4S but they currently don't make them in the size needed for the rear, so i went with the highly praised new release from Goodyear (F1 Supersport)
Massively impressed with them in both the wet and dry :)

Some photos...

Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

Some of the previous cars i didn't put on here

IMG_0862 by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

IMG_1359 by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

IMG_1501 by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

IMG_1490 by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Great few posts and photos, thanks for sharing :)
I recognise your e92, potentially from Cutters.

The FK2, was it on standard suspension or lowered please?

Back