• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

That Alfa is simply jaw dropping. Envious of your car collection. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Like you I find myself almost breaking my neck at the detriment of safety to all those around me to gaze at one of these on the rare occasions that you actually see one in the wild! Lovely colour too.

Are the ceramic brakes not a future option? As I'm sure they could be upgraded even though they weren't part of the spec list when purchased new. Or is it that as an option before delivery they aren't too badly priced but then once you want to buy them at a later date they are horrendous? (Thinking of the ceramic option for the GT-R where it was a little over £10k if fitted at the factory but closer to £30k later down the line).

Like you I find myself almost breaking my neck at the detriment of safety to all those around me to gaze at one of these on the rare occasions that you actually see one in the wild! Lovely colour too.

Are the ceramic brakes not a future option? As I'm sure they could be upgraded even though they weren't part of the spec list when purchased new. Or is it that as an option before delivery they aren't too badly priced but then once you want to buy them at a later date they are horrendous? (Thinking of the ceramic option for the GT-R where it was a little over £10k if fitted at the factory but closer to £30k later down the line).

In terms of is it doable as a retrofit I’d certainly imagine so, my M4 had them and before trading that car in I sold and retrofitted them to another chaps car (£4500 in my pocket for a days work)
Discs, calipers, heat shields and brake servo needed to be swapped over on that car)

I’ve not priced them up with the main dealer yet but I can’t find any used items available anywhere to get an idea of price.

The biggest factor is that the oem brakes are actually very good, 6 pot front 360x32 with two piece discs and 4 pot rear 350x28 two piece discs so it’s not like they are desperate for a upgrade.

I might be better having custom bigger discs made and simply spacing the caliper as they are radial mounted too.

The M3/4 ceramics could be had as a full set for circa £8k brand new from AD iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
stunning car mate.

Loved these ever since I saw two of them within a few miles of each other on the m4 a few years back

Lovely Alfa

IMO one of the best looking and arguably most desirable 4 door family barges on the market.

And THAT engine !!

Cheers guys :D

Another quick update, when the car went in to have the new springs fitted the Alfa Romeo dealer managed to put a small scuff on the rear bumper :angry:
To make matters worse they did the typical 'see if he notices trick' which i did the next morning.
I called them and advised them of the damage and tbf they offered to have it repaired foc, however after digging a little i found out they use a scuffs and scratches repair chap......outdoors.

The car is totally immaculate with not even a stone chip so suffice to say i wasn't happy with this, i tried getting them to pay for me to have it done by my local and trusted guy which they didn't entertain. Far from happy but not about to trust them to do the work i booked it in with my local chap to get rectified.

It was so small i even briefly considered leaving it but it just seemed silly on such a immaculate car and i know it would annoy me.

Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

So whilst it was in being done i asked them to colour code my keys, AR do actually do these but not in my colour :dough:

They are also, wait for it.......£150 Errrrrrr no.

My painter did them for free :) result!

All sorted and chuffed with the quality of work, they really do take evey effort to do the job right!

Looks a quality repair by your paint guy and the keys look great !

Bad enough if you'd done the damage yourself but when someone else is responsible it's just so annoying :evil:

Those Goodyear tyres look nice...might have to try some of those myself instead of the MPS4S :smt023

Never seen a Quad in that colour before :cool:

Your paint guy has done a great job & very cool having colour coded keys :mrgreen:

I have been tempted by a Quad in the past but the dealer network anecdotally is regarded as *****. It looks like your first experience with them doesn't do much to dispell that.

Lovely car though and in a great colour.

Looks a quality repair by your paint guy and the keys look great !

Cheers mate, yeh they are fantastic snd it’s good to have someone I trust :)

Bad enough if you'd done the damage yourself but when someone else is responsible it's just so annoying :evil:

Those Goodyear tyres look nice...might have to try some of those myself instead of the MPS4S :smt023

Never seen a Quad in that colour before :cool:

Your paint guy has done a great job & very cool having colour coded keys :mrgreen:

Yeh he’s fantastic thankfully, I’m made up with the keys to be honest.
I’d say these Goodyear’s are just as good as PS4s so worth a try

I have been tempted by a Quad in the past but the dealer network anecdotally is regarded as *****. It looks like your first experience with them doesn't do much to dispell that.

Lovely car though and in a great colour.

Cheers man, yeh not a great start is it :lol:

Tbf though I’ve had worse from Bmw, they kerbed a wheel then just flat out denied it! At least AR agreed to rectify it promptly which would be fine for most folk, I’m a fussy ****er though :rolleyes:

My guy only charged me £140 all in so I won’t lose any sleep over it and at least the springs are done now

Me and my lad have just been to look at a Pearl white 4C coming up for sale near me soon. Stunning motor, the matt paint sets it off perfectly.
How do you find the plastics on the interior of your Guilia? A few comments in the meeja have criticised them for being a bit cheap to the feel?

Quite honestly. Yeah maybe the German cars are a bit better but there again, the Giulia is still great and very high quality too. I think the press have nothing better to report really. Who goes about touching the interior of their cars like they do. I just drive the car and enjoy it. Is the giulia better quality than an Fk8 BTW. . Yeah it is. But I never get into my Fk8 either and feel I've downgraded.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Back