• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

So a few small updates on the Alfa.

I recently took the family to Scotland for a weeks holiday, decided to use the Alfa and it was it an absolute delight to use, even the wife commented how great a car it was!
Smooth, comfortable and averaged 38mpg on the long chilled drive there.

Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

We ended up being a mere 15mins away from Knock Hill Circuit so i had to pop up to watch a motorcycle track day....

One thing thats been annoying me since i got it is the massive reg plate plinth on the front, so i sourced the much smaller italian one to replace it.
When i removed it i found the dreaded screw holes so had it sorted, cant quite bring myself to fit a plate now lol.

I also decided to fit some Koshi Carbon exhaust tip covers, they are silly money at £500 but they use the same weave pattern as the carbon is sourced from the same place that Alfa and Ferrari etc use.

So i took a little trip to collect the new MY2021 rear lights, also grabbed a genuine black rear Giulia badge too.

Weather was crap but got straight to it and installed them

This is a stunning car, been looking at them myself but was a little put off by the servicing costs, how you finding it as a car to live with and is it a daily?

This is a stunning car, been looking at them myself but was a little put off by the servicing costs, how you finding it as a car to live with and is it a daily?

Thanks very much, yes it’s my daily and it’s been absolutely spot on to live with.
I’ve had it over a year now and it’s been more reliable than most my other cars :)

Thanks very much, yes it’s my daily and it’s been absolutely spot on to live with.
I’ve had it over a year now and it’s been more reliable than most my other cars :)

Awesome, glad to hear it, are the service costs (if you’ve encountered any yet) as bad as they say?

Yeh I have seen 40mpg too.
I used to get around 35mpg in my M4

I did a long drive on Monday and got 30 mpg, sat mainly at 75 and a few bits of spirited driving.

091cfca13f2e3c751641dafa54c1a10e.jpg

Modern day turbos are excellent. I’m very happy with 30 mpg given the power of the car and what it is. That said I wouldn’t have expected the Alfa to be more frugal than an M engine so fair play.

Modern day turbos are excellent. I’m very happy with 30 mpg given the power of the car and what it is. That said I wouldn’t have expected the Alfa to be more frugal than an M engine so fair play.
I remember driving my S2k to Scotland at 65-70mph and it averaged 32mpg, I was totally stoked lol

Modern day turbos are excellent.

I'm seeing mid 40s out of the Cupra on my monthly run to the office. The recent crop of boosted petrols are ridiculous, given that not so long ago a similarly powered Evo or STi would have been struggling to get into the 30s if I'm not mistaken?

I'm seeing mid 40s out of the Cupra on my monthly run to the office. The recent crop of boosted petrols are ridiculous, given that not so long ago a similarly powered Evo or STi would have been struggling to get into the 30s if I'm not mistaken?

My M140i would regularly get close to 50mpg on a run. Around town closer to 20 but that’s the be expected. My two Evo’s were around 25mpg from memory but the engine was from the 70’s.

I did a long drive on Monday and got 30 mpg, sat mainly at 75 and a few bits of spirited driving.

091cfca13f2e3c751641dafa54c1a10e.jpg
Very nice! How is the M3 for b road blasts mate? And also the Alfa please op. Got used to the FK8 power but always wondered how these cars would fare.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

just got back after a 7-8hr round trip to collect the next upgrade for the car :)

Curry and a beer needed as I’m knackered lol

Totally stoked though as these are pretty rare to find, not bloody cheap though but hey the best things usually aren’t!

So since buying i've tried to convince myself that i didn't need the super rare Sparco carbon seats, they don't come up for sale often and are usually snatched up pretty much immediately.
I even messaged a few people selling their cars asking if i could buy them and give them my standard seats :lol:

I also tried ordering from Alfa Romeo, they where originally a £3500 option when spec'd with a new car but to order as seats alone it comes to just under £10k! for seats.... i dont think so.
To add to the rarity, they come in three different versions with contrasting stitching - Red, green and white or plain black.

So you can imagine my excitement when i struck lucky and a mint condition set came up from a forum member, in the perfect combo that matches my car (red stitching)
We agreed a price, not cheap still but certainly less than £10k! Only issue was they were a 7-8hr round trip to collect and the seller understandably didn't want to post them, he was also getting badgered by other people wanting to buy them and offering more money than we agreed. Luckily he was an absolute gent and stayed true to his word, i changed my plans and got down there to collect them the next day before i missed them.

I installed them the next day and i'll be totally honest, i adore them. I'd go as far as to say for me personally if i where ever to buy another Guilia/Stelvio i would actually not buy one without these seats.

They just make you feel so connected to the car in a way the standard seats don't, they feel firmer but not in a uncomfortable way so rather than being squashed into the cushion on the seat you feel the acceleration.
The bolsters on the standard seat are actually larger than the sparcos but what you soon realise is they don't give any upper support around the shoulders like the Sparco's do.

As you can probably tell i'm rather smitten with them, they add so much theatre to the interior but also really change the driving experience.

Heres some quick photos, i,ll give the interior a good clean and get some better ones when time allows.

Back