• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

How do you find the engagement when driving in terms of shifting whilst 'progressing'?

Reason I ask is that I much preferred how the PFL Nissan GT-R was set up as the paddles were attached to the steering wheel and therefore you could change gear without the car needing to be facing forward, which is what they did with the FL GT-R as they moved the paddles to the column which meant that you couldn't change gear mid-turn without moving your right hand, which unsettled the balance of the car (mainly when taking a left hand bend as the right arm was providing the 'push' to the steering wheel).

If that makes sense?

How do you find the engagement when driving in terms of shifting whilst 'progressing'?

Reason I ask is that I much preferred how the PFL Nissan GT-R was set up as the paddles were attached to the steering wheel and therefore you could change gear without the car needing to be facing forward, which is what they did with the FL GT-R as they moved the paddles to the column which meant that you couldn't change gear mid-turn without moving your right hand, which unsettled the balance of the car (mainly when taking a left hand bend as the right arm was providing the 'push' to the steering wheel).

If that makes sense?

They are spot on, don’t forget the Giulia has a super quick steering rack so when pressing on the paddles are always within reach without having to take your hand off the wheel.
When low speed drifting etc like out of a junction I tend to set off in 2nd anyway so no need to change early enough that the lock would still be applied, as you’ve generally taken the the majority of lock off by that point as you start straightening up whilst coming out of the drift.
High speed drifts you generally need less lock anyway but when you do it’s easy to locate the paddle as they are so big.

Maybe that's where Nissan have fallen short then with the relocation of the paddles - that they aren't quite big enough to cater to my driving style. Haha. Low speed stuff is not an issue as obviously it isn't a concern to move your hand in these circumstances.

I think that the only thing missing from the steering wheel (which would really make it exceptional IMO), is a 12 o'clock marker strip in green to match that of the clover.

So a few quick photos of the new springs installation and showing my custom spacers.

I must say i am totally made up with the finished result, the front isn't too low and ground clearance is absolutely fine.
Ride is just as soft as it was in the softest setting but very very slightly firmer in the mid and hard settings.

Wheel hop is greatly reduced too, not that it occured often but its still nice to have it sorted.

The spacer is made of high grade aluminum and is bolted to the shock, with the original cup locating pin as per original.

Untitled by Stephen Longfield, on Flickr

Before and after

Yeah it’s lovely.
You still run with no front plate. Ever have any problems with that? I’ve been tempted to do it on my EP3 when I get it.

Recently purchased a full set of brand new carbon ceramic brakes to retrofit on to my car.

So brakes all installed and had a full alignment done :)

The brakes are totally insane stopping performance and its the little extras like no brake dust and rusting disc faces when it rains or you wash the car.
I also think they look amazing and totally suit the 'exotic' look it has.

Here is a few quick photos of how it looks atm, i don't feel the new forged wheels look as good in photos but in person they look amazing and really show the brakes off.

Last edited:
Very nice, I had considered them for my M3 but they are lol money. I can get a full AP set for half the price.

But are they ceramics though, Chris? :p

And Stephen, hurry up and post a video / audio clip of you driving through a tunnel, would you!?

Am I going mad or is this thread on Cutters forum as well? :)

Lovely car bud, now has the brakes to match its looks.

Back