• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alpine ida wont turn on..

I just got an Alpine IDAx 305 for my 30th! Woohoo, an hour sat in the car with the corect wiring loom, and ariel adapter, dash back together and nothing. Not happy. I have had a look around the Ice section, and found a couple of bits of advice, but want to know if the unit does need to have its own power lead connected, if so to what, where etc! I was initially under the impression it would be powered as the OEM sterio was.
Pictures would be awesome, but any advice gladly recieved!
Thanks in advance!

It's been a whilst but remembering from the old days alpine units have the red ignition wire and the yellow constant live wire the wrong way around, swapping them usually solves it. Otherwise I would check fuses in the car and stereo.

couple of things. Firstly on the wiring loom for the unit to the iso connectors there is a red and a yellow lead. these have bullet connectors in them which need connecting together (they are always supplied not connected). If you have connected these then have a look at the inline fuse. it could be this has blown.

I have never had a problem with an alpine unit in a honda and they always work without swapping any wires.

Thanks guys, just finnished work, and armed with a toolkit and a tin of beer Im about to have another go!
Stay tuned!

It's been a whilst but remembering from the old days alpine units have the red ignition wire and the yellow constant live wire the wrong way around, swapping them usually solves it. Otherwise I would check fuses in the car and stereo.

i had that problem on a kenwood headunit, does that effect the power though? i thought you had to swap them round so when you took the key out the ignition you didnt lose all your settings like clock, radio stations etc...

Ha ha success, why couldnt they connect them together at the factory... Ah well, Now time for me to work out how to use the thing! Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it sorted. Agreed it is a PITA that they don't connect them But i think it is because they are designed to work with the equaliser and that running off the power also.

Back