• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Another Squeek! Found now what it is!

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
When I go over bumps. Thought it was from somewhere in the rear of the car, but then when I turn my head to try to locate the problem it sound like it's coming from the front :evil:

Tried rocking the suspension when the car is parked but nothing :evil:

Any idea's??

I been getting a squeaking noise recently and I now found out its from the clutch.
it squeaks when the clutch is up but when I push down on the clutch pedal it stops!!!
Do you have the same problem???

Anyone got any ideas if this is a warranty fix or if I got to fork out because its classed as wear and tear?

MrZippo said:
I been getting a squeaking noise recently and I now found out its from the clutch.
it squeaks when the clutch is up but when I push down on the clutch pedal it stops!!!

Anyone got any ideas if this is a warranty fix or if I got to fork out because its classed as wear and tear?

Not sure mate, I hope the clutch isn't gone already.

Well I'm of for a drive now so will check.

MrZippo said:

The clutch is a warranty fix.

Nope, happens whether cluth is down or up :?

I can't locate it though my bet it's behind the centre console!

Chris, I have had a squeak from behind the gear stick as I added plenty of extra wiring, have you wired any more things in that might need taping up?

zeffania said:
Chris, I have had a squeak from behind the gear stick as I added plenty of extra wiring, have you wired any more things in that might need taping up?

All I have extra are the amp cables. Might have to re-open everything and get some zip ties out :twisted:

miner said:
Stupid question, have you checked it's not something in the glove box

I've had this now for about 3 months, and believe me I've done everything apart from taking out the centre console.

hi chris
check your gruppem is not rubbing against the bulkhead, i had this proplem and i had funny nioses?

if not it could be the front shock top mounts ?

danny

dannysed said:
hi chris
check your gruppem is not rubbing against the bulkhead, i had this proplem and i had funny nioses?

danny

If it was the shock mounts then would it not do it when I rock the car when stationary?

hi chris

mine creaked when going over small bumps , but mainly when turning at slow speeds???

danny :wink:

I had the same going over speed humps, and also pulling away, had the engine mounts changed and no more squeak.

Hmmm from what it sounds like I rekon it's behind the console, but I can't be arsed taking everything apart again :lol:

I've had my CTR for just over 3 years now, some squeaks seem to come and go, I had a "knocking" noise coming from the ignition for about a year, that kept coming and going, I've also had one that eminates from behind the stereo somewhere, never found it, even re-routed some wiring and squirted wd40 in certain places. The best remedy is turning up the stereo.

milano_chris said:
dannysed said:
hi chris

danny

If it was the shock mounts then would it not do it when I rock the car when stationary?

Does it only occur when you go over bumps as opposed to undulations? If so, it could still be the shocks. When you rock it, the movement is not sudden enough to cause the squeak, as opposed to the jerk from 1.2 ton of weight. Just a speculation.

Mad Max said:
milano_chris said:
dannysed said:
hi chris

danny

Does it only occur when you go over bumps as opposed to undulations? If so, it could still be the shocks. When you rock it, the movement is not sudden enough to cause the squeak, as opposed to the jerk from 1.2 ton of weight. Just a speculation.

Fair point.

Finally fiugured out what it is. The bloody scuttle panel from the Gruppe M.

Had this problem with my GruppeM as well, needed a little bit of padding underneath it to stop it rubbing against the bulkhead

Back