• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

Not sure what modifications are on the ep3 but it isn’t stock hence my out of the box comment , out of the box being standard -

Edit ;

as it happens I have some info on the ep3 “That is running 240bhp and is partly stripped. The FK2 was also 2 up and was being driven by Dan who hadn't driven the car before”

I’ve had ep3’s and DC5’s and Fd2’s and yes once you throw a few bits on them they are quick but that is only when you throw a few bits on them .., the s2000 definitely isn’t standard and also I’d suggest the driver is pretty handy.

Not sure what modifications are on the ep3 but it isn’t stock hence my out of the box comment , out of the box being standard -

Edit ;

as it happens I have some info on the ep3 “That is running 240bhp and is partly stripped. The FK2 was also 2 up and was being driven by Dan who hadn't driven the car before”

I’ve had ep3’s and DC5’s and Fd2’s and yes once you throw a few bits on them they are quick but that is only when you throw a few bits on them .., the s2000 definitely isn’t standard and also I’d suggest the driver is pretty handy.

To get an EP3 to 240bhp only costs around 3k hey Norv!? But totally worth it of course if you can do that to an FK2....

My old fk2 with an eventuri Intake and a stripped rotrex’d ep3 at spa , difference is negligible- but I drove home from the track with all the seats still in , air con on , cruise control and able to hear the music through my Bluetooth head unit in relative comfort.

https://youtu.be/_qfsR-0YFCI

> Exits thread < (until a notification)

Last edited by a moderator:
Better than what? You didn't specify but if you mean the car most recently mentioned - Focus ST, then a Lamborghini Aventador is also much better. ;)

I'm thinking you surely couldn't have been comparing with a Focus ST because it has relatively understated looks.

My response was aimed at the OP, so better than an FK8 is obviously what I am comparing it to.

I find it hilarious how most FK8 owners on this thread are trying so hard to justify buying their car and how "good" it is lol. It is sports car built to fulfil a budget, please do not ever compare it to a luxury premium hatchback such as the A45...

My response was aimed at the OP, so better than an FK8 is obviously what I am comparing it to.
please do not ever compare it to a luxury premium hatchback such as the A45.
Clearly not "obviously" - this thread is 11 pages long and has taken many twists and turns.
You could have been directly replying to any number of people. :)
The quote function is often overused on internet forums, but in this case it would have been most appropriate. ;)

I would never compare an A45 to an FK8, because the former is a hyper hatch and a very definite class above.
I probably should add IMO to the end of my previous sentence, that way I cannot possibly be wrong. :lol:

I find it hilarious how most FK8 owners on this thread are trying so hard to justify buying their car and how "good" it is lol. It is sports car built to fulfil a budget, please do not ever compare it to a luxury premium hatchback such as the A45...

The A45 is no more luxurious than a Focus, that is quite generous, VOE, drive the two cars back to back and you will find the shortfalls in both but one is just that bit better.

I always laugh at threads like this, owners of the older types of the brand comparing 3k mods on a 16+yo car that cost after inflation not far off what an FK8 does now is pointless on a track with different drivers.

Drive a standard EK9, EP3, FD2, FK2 on track in stock and on the road or on track which one is going to be quickest?

Question, does it really matter? You could arguably have as much fun in any of them, in most cases we choose the best we can afford, I have had an absolute hoot in all the cars I have owned, as for which is best, it's always the one I loved, drive that car now and I would be disappointed, cars have dramatically changed in the time I have been driving.

Comparisons such as this in my experience are usually generated because the said car is so good but you have to justify why it isn't despite what others say. I owned an EK9, I admit I was immature, I wanted to think the EP3 wasn't better, reality was it moved it on so much the EK9 was not even comparable.
Guess what I sold the EK9 and bought a DC5 as I couldn't not even consider and EP3 :lol: I sold that in the end pretty much straight away and bought an Elise, better than both ;)

I have yet to read an independent reviewer that has rated the Fk8 as anything but excellent, don't get me wrong it isn't perfect, the inability to select different settings in different modes is annoying, the infotainment and sat nav poor but other than the risk of kerbing an alloy it is an excellent hot hatch and a match for pretty much any car on the road.

Enjoy what you have :asw:

It is a different car in a different budget to the a45. Add 20k for a fully specc’d a45 to a 34k fk8.

Though you can pick up 65 plate Amg’s for 25k - that’s a lot of depreciation.

One is a fwd car the other awd.

Apples and oranges.

No one is justifying their car from what I can see. If I was a betting man , i would say I’m feeling a lot of envy in this thread though :lol:

1d47c18d416b2b28758c0eeb37a12293.jpg

I’d like to add that the amg couldn’t manage a sub 8 at the ring - though would beat the fk8 in a traffic light Grand Prix whilst its Ecu brings out the banging noise when changing gear.

I wouldn’t like to maintain one either , I’ll stick to my 5 yr service plan for a measly £500.

The problem with ring times is that they are unregulated, while they sound impressive the manufacturers can send a car around the ring that looks identical to the car you buy in the showroom but the reality is it's had the boost turned up, running sticky tyres, cage, weight removed etc. Until they actually regulate the times and ensure that the car's that do the laps are identical to what ends up in the showroom they are rather pointless.

The problem with ring times is that they are unregulated, while they sound impressive the manufacturers can send a car around the ring that looks identical to the car you buy in the showroom but the reality is it's had the boost turned up, running sticky tyres, cage, weight removed etc. Until they actually regulate the times and ensure that the car's that do the laps are identical to what ends up in the showroom they are rather pointless.

The track itself is always changing as well. Huge sections of new tarmac had been laid in recent years which further improves lap times.

Back