• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Batteries

Ok, so i'm looking into a new battery but am a little confused.

What is the difference between a 45ah and a 70ah?

Would it be just as effective to charge the battery or just buy new?

I would say it's done around 82,000 miles.

Why are you looking at a new battery, is there anything wrong with the old one?

If stereo etc are standard then best bet is a standard Honda battery, however if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Agree with the above, if you've not had a problem with your current one then why replace it?

Personally I've had issues with the standard Honda battery, so I replaced it with a Halfords one which I've found far better. Car started first time in subzero temperatures having left the car for 5 weeks (3yr old batt)... couldn't say the same with my old honda battery though.

Check my other topic as Neily's posted for my reasons. May aswell replace than recharge an old run down battery. ;)

Once a battery has gone competely flat it's knackered. Even I you recharge it it'll let you down again.

As R20190 has said the standard honda battery is not all that (in fact it is crap, hence why it is considerably cheaper than anywhere else). I have just had to replace mine (had similar symptoms to just before the battery failed on my last EP3 of being reluctant to start in the morning especially when cold but fine when restarting for the rest of the day)and ended up going for the varta blue one (varta is owned by Bosch and the batteries are identical). The short code is B32 if that is what you plan to go for.

Oh and going back to your original question the difference between the 45ah and the 70 ah is the amount of current it can supply in a given time, I.E. amp hours. While the bigger battery will sustain a bigger draw current for longer it will also put more strain on the charging system to keep it at full power.

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive reply al, cleared everything up for me, nice one. I was looking at the Varta one the other day as it happens. I think i saw a brand new one on ebay for around £60 posted.

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive reply al, cleared everything up for me, nice one. I was looking at the Varta one the other day as it happens. I think i saw a brand new one on ebay for around £60 posted.

Go for the standard halfords one mate, they're some of the best around. Autoexpress do annual tests on a range of batteries and the halfords standard batteries always come up in the top 3, value for money wise you can't beat them imo.

If you do get one, make sure you get the one with the terminals the right way around as there's two versions of the same battery. Also check that the terminals are big enough for the connectors to clamp on to.

Thanks R20190 i'll get a Halfords one then. I'd heard from a couple of people i know who've had them and they say they're pretty good, no probs on them.

Yeah nothing wrong with the halfords one. i think it is the HB063 you need for the EP3. They give the longest warranty of any company on their batteries.

I've seen that number somewhere before so will quote them that but check the terminals are the correct way round.

Standard Honda battery crap? Eh, it's a Yuasa battery in mine, one of the best makes around - or am I missing something?

double check that Halfords No. Think it might be 57. I'll check this morning as the old man with good intentions went and got another Halfrauds battery as a favour so its fitted now. Fingers crossed it lasts longer than the last one.

Back