• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

blueguy's CW Facelift DC5 -Return to Track Pg 33

Small update. After almost losing my oil cap on track it gave me the kick up the behind I needed to go and secure it (as well as keep the spare in the glovebox)

5 mins to widen one of the bracket holes with a dremel + 2 mins fitting, I can now sleep peacefully at night :lol:

Spring.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

Spring.jpg

Oh my God I need this.

I've lost two cap and Harv has snapped one in my engine.

Great idea.

Depends which side the spring is mounted :lol:

Suits - I can't take credit for coming up with this idea, I saw it on Rob's DC5 from HOT. Saw some race cars using wire previous to this which I didn't want.

Chris - Hiya, hope you like what I'm doing to the car :)

Thanks to Stew @PPW I now have the F7 rear subframe brace to accompany my F7 LCAs that I've had stashed away for eternity.

DSC01160f.jpg

DSC01162f.jpg

DSC01171f.jpg

Mock up of the kit.

DSC01167f2.jpg

WOW:eek: The machining on those F7 parts is just amazing, they are going to look awesome once on the car:cool:

Quality Just...

Moar updates needed man :)
Cheers Sun, big updates will come in December (hopefully). I've put in place a self imposed spending restriction given how many parts I've got stashed away that are not on the car :(

WOW:eek: The machining on those F7 parts is just amazing, they are going to look awesome once on the car:cool:
I know mate, they are absolute quality.

They look lovely JT, when are they going on? :cool:
Thanks Chris, December hopefully.

Finally somebody else with some Function 7 bits :)
:) I've got to represent the DC5s. Seeing them on your car at Snett earlier in the year got me thinking about completing the set. Lottie inspired you could say :smt023

I have a load of updates on some new goodies but thought you might like this one.

A while back, Tom had ordered in a set of Brembo F50 calipers with 332x32mm 2 piece race discs for my car. Some of the dc5 race cars that go to Tom's run these as they are a great bit of kit without going down the costly route of race calipers (although they are still pricey!
xaiwebs_019.gif
). Paparazzi pic of the same kit below.

IMG_0050.jpg

Anyway, after experiencing the stopping power of Joe's race car a few weeks back with the full on race kit (XA2.E7 Series 4 race calipers with the same discs as above) I was so astounded by the stopping performance I had a chat with Tom a couple of weeks back about replacing the F50s before they had even been fitted
rolleyes.gif

I believe I was described as a mentalist
laugh.png

BremboRaceCaliper1.jpg

Love the quick release retainer - Pad changing will be uber quick. No dust seals of course so also good for quick access to clean out the caliper.

BremboRaceCaliper2.jpg

F50 comparison with the XA2.E7 below. And here I was thinking the F50s were a wide caliper
icon_eek.gif

BremboRaceandF50CaliperComparison1.jpg

Some specs below (I don't think I'll be needing to replace the pads anytime soon
blink.png
)

• 2.95kg
  • Piston size: 38mm, 42mm
  • Piston area: 50.39cm[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Pad area: 63cm[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Pad thickness: 25 - 26.5mm
  • 2 piece aluminium caliper body

Last edited by a moderator:
Back