• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bulbs keep blowing - EP3

I've had this problem on both my EP3's. Really annoying & £. I've noticed since having swapped the headlamps(due to condensation) with replacement items I brought off ebay I haven't had any more blown bulbs.

Very unlikely to be anything other than a crap bulb. If there was a short it would blow the fuse. Poor connection would be dim. Are you touching the glass? Oil from your fingers can make hot spots causing bulbs to blow sooner.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Hoping it's just a coincidence that the spare (used) was just not up to it.

Just seems weird that both had gone together just after six months.

Looking at the wiring diagram both are on a separate circuit to each other. Going to check earths and fuses and test with some cheap bulbs before fitting the replacements.

I haven't noticed any condensation inside the headlamps but they are 'hazed' over and need a good polish.

Is there a knack to doing the clips on the back? Always struggle getting them back on and I am never quite sure they are seated right.
Yeah but it's really hard to explain, my older brother can do them easily which helps me as it took me ages to change them last time!

So last week I had another bulb go, annoying.

Thinking of a HID conversion as the facelift headlamps are able to direct the beam properly aren't they?

I have HIDs in this one and its a massive improvement over any standard bulbs
Yeah, I had some in my MB6, had the headlights modified with projectors and USDM indicators. Quite liked that to be honest. Been looking into HID kits anyway and I want to replace the headlights anyway which I'll look to do in one hit. Has to be easier to fit the bulbs with the lamps out! :lol:

Back