• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

Its a tough one, I don't think the facelift is that much of a better car on its own to warrant the wait, but I do think you should hold on for prices to fall and for dealers to try and hit their 4q 2020 numbers to get a better deal. What's a couple of months longer? (says the man who gets impatient at KFC)

This ^^^

Don't wait for a facelift as the differences between them you'd be hard pressed to ascertain if you back'd to back the two. The facelift version has that God-awful fake engine noise piped into the cabin and from my experience with my BMW, it just winds you up and grates after a while. At least with the BMW you can code it off which is what I've done. The Honda has no such 'ability' as far as I'm aware - you're stuck with it.

Hope that helps!

This ^^^

Don't wait for a facelift as the differences between them you'd be hard pressed to ascertain if you back'd to back the two. The facelift version has that God-awful fake engine noise piped into the cabin and from my experience with my BMW, it just winds you up and grates after a while. At least with the BMW you can code it off which is what I've done. The Honda has no such 'ability' as far as I'm aware - you're stuck with it.

Hope that helps!

What bmw was that ?

Anything can be unticked if you break in to the ecu ( if you aren’t bothered about warranty)

I wouldn’t pay any more than 26k for a pre facelift in the current climate.

Many reports on the FK8’s active sound system say it isn’t too bad.

Can’t be as bad as the Golf R’s in car sound set up which was dreadful .. but then the car and I fell out of love and it departed in just under a month ..

I think I would have only opted for the facelift if it had a configurable drive mode instead of the 3 fixed options. Sometimes you just gotta have your suspension in squashy and your fun pedal responsive! Unless something comes up that's a better deal, I think I'll perhaps wait until December based on you wise FK8 owls. You've probably been following the market closer than I have. Although I have a habit of being spontaneous on rare occasions.

Can’t be as bad as the Golf R’s in car sound set up which was dreadful

They are fricking horrific, aren't they? I drove the Cupra off the dealer's forecourt, parked in the retail park around the corner and coded it out.

I've been weighing up the pros and cons (and annoying Mrs Clam all evening!) and I think I'm going to go for it. I think the offer I've received for mine chips a chunk off the price of theirs in my mind, if you see what I mean. I don't think I would get more than £21,000 for mine in a private sale in this current climate of uncertainty & me not being able to provide a warranty or finance options.

So in my head this makes the FK8 I'm looking at £27k for an 11 month old, 4k miler with full balance of the service pack. That can't be a bad shout especially if I will be keeping it long term.

Fair play clam, if due to man math's its 27k, then that's a great price for what is a very, vey new car versus brand new list price.

Its agro selling privately as well with idiots coming to the house for a joy ride.

Sounds like a facelift used one would have been a stretch budget wise, plus the only thing I like is the gear stick, so an easy fix! Let us know when you get it

Well I did it! Deposit down. What have I done :scare:

Although result - I did manage to wrangle another £500 off, I do like a haggle! I'll put any more updates on my 'I might be about to go mental and get an FK8' thread, as it's not really relevant in this section any more.

Well I did it! Deposit down. What have I done :scare:

Although result - I did manage to wrangle another £500 off, I do like a haggle! I'll put any more updates on my 'I might be about to go mental and get an FK8' thread, as it's not really relevant in this section any more.

what a plonker, id have kept the FK2, FK8 is rubbish :D:p

I think I've got a cracking deal, facelift model, 8 miles on the clock, registered as a demo but never left the dealership, also comes with Type R mate and the servicing pack, paid a fiver under 31k.

I'm reasonably happy.

I think I've got a cracking deal, facelift model, 8 miles on the clock, registered as a demo but never left the dealership, also comes with Type R mate and the servicing pack, paid a fiver under 31k.

I'm reasonably happy.

I think 'reasonably' is like saying trump is 'slightly' bonkers

Good time to get some accessories on your xmas list!!

- Gear stick beanie hat
- Type R key ring to let people that's your bad boy outside when your in a queue twiddling it at head height
- Type R valve caps
- Boot mat carpet
- Type R decals for rear passenger doors
- Red USB cable
- Red piped car mats to go over the dealer ones
- Vtec Turbo sticker rear window

or that was just me in my 6 month wait...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good time to get some accessories on your xmas list!!

- Gear stick beanie hat
- Type R key ring to let people that's your bad boy outside when your in a queue twiddling it at head height
- Type R valve caps
- Boot mat carpet
- Type R decals for rear passenger doors
- Red USB cable
- Red piped car mats to go over the dealer ones
- Vtec Turbo sticker rear window

or that was just me in my 6 month wait...:D

Links to the site or are they just different sites mate?

- Gear stick beanie hat - eBay or check out fk8 owners on Facebook someone’s knitting them at the moment!
- Type R key ring to let people that's your bad boy outside when your in a queue twiddling it at head height - eBay
- Type R valve caps - eBay
- Boot mat carpet - cox motorparts
- Type R decals for rear passenger doors -eBay
- Red USB cable - you’ve guessed it eBay!
- Red piped car mats to go over the dealer ones - halfords
- Vtec Turbo sticker rear window - cox motorparts

I'm reasonably happy.

That is a really, really good deal there buddy - especially considering how much they've gone up since I bought mine last year. Seriously well done! :smt041

Back