• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Calipers seizes

Hi,

Both rear calipers seized on my ep3. Not really that switched on with cars at the moment and was just looking to see what would be the most likely problem?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pistons
boots on the sliders have ripped and the grease could have disappeared causing them to seize

i would order new boots and slider pins or get the complete calliper kits and do both. It's Worth while

Where would be the best place to get boots and slider pins?
Do they cost much?

Thanks for the help

Direct from Honda I got mine and they weren't That bad , or try lings Honda or one of the lads on here in the company section.

Check on eBay , I believe so but I would double check

49pound includes enough to do both rear callipers, but dosent have sliders by the looks , but there about £6 from Honda each roughly

I'll have a look now. Thanks for taking the time out to help. :)

Or if you don't fancy rebuilding them euro car parts do them fully refurbished for about £80 each exchanging your old ones.

That's quite good, I'm considering buying new ones too. At least then they might last a while. There's other things I want to do to car *** so I'll probably save money by either rebuilding or refurbishing. Thanks for advice.

Hi, Bigg Red will refurbish your callipers iirc about £90.00 a pair - I've used them they are good, new seals, pistons ,sliders etc

crowds

Other option is a brand new (not refurbed) complete caliper for only 120£. No brainer in my eyes, better than a refurbed one and likely to last longer...

I believe that the left rear caliper on my EP3 has finally seized up after 12 years. It has had attention three times now but keeps on seizing up again, which means chucking the pads away everytime and now the discs will have to go aswell. Now maybe the time to replace both with new ones?

Any tips on how long it takes to do at home(a weekend), or get a garage to do it?

Mark

When I changed mine it was probally less then an hour a side plus bleeding. Although I am a mechanic, although not on cars, so that did help.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cheers Dooksy, I've already got the calipers.

Well a garage is going to charge you minimum £30 labour per side, plus the parts. And then there's no guarantee that your current caliper(s) are not beyond repair at a garage.

I had this on my DC2, I spent a fair amount before I realised I was far better off just getting an exchanged set in the first place.

I know Dooksy....which is why I'm umming & ahhhing whether to have the brand spanking new calipers fitted instead of constantly repairing the originals. With only two months MOT left, I'm wondering if it's really worth it.

Back