• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

hey everyone!
I've owned my FN2 for two years now and about a month ago i was finally in a position where i could buy my dream car, the FK8. I purchased my FK8 from Honda as a used approved 1 owner car. I was told by Honda that the previous owner bought the car as a retirement gift and was in his 60's but sold it as he had to immigrate. the car is in excellent condition and was really well looked after and serviced.
The original owner did do a few things to the car, hes put a Remus exhaust with carbon fiber tips with a cool sound controller for the valves and just yesterday i noticed a Mishimoto oil catch can. Honda told me the car is now pushing 460bhp (taking that with a grain of salt) and im still waiting to hear back from them regarding whats been done to the car (not sure if they even know) but the car is definitely not running stock power.

heres where i need help, ill attach the pictures to this post. the first one is located in the boot on the left side behind the little door where the tools are. there's a metal box with some plug sticking out with a red cover. It's clearly important becuase he's made a quick access cut out so it can be used with the cover on. The second is under the bonnet, there are two little black boxes with wires running to the battery, both the boxes are hooked up to each (cant tell where they lead to, maybe ECU?) I realize this may be a long shot

I dont know how to tell if the car has been tuned/chipped, is there any way i can find out? just like with the catch can i simply want to know whats been done so i can do any added maintenance thats required. would really appreciate anyones input and suggestions, i know its a long shot to identify them but perhaps some of you know or even have something like this.

cheers everyone!

IMG_20210619_204127_compress68.jpg
IMG_20210619_204116_compress89.jpgIMG_20210619_204148_compress51.jpgIMG_20210619_125351_compress76.jpgIMG_20210619_125403_compress41.jpg

The thing in the rear looks like it could be part of a flex fuel kit, I believe they're popular in the states as their fuel at the pump tends to be a lower octane than we get in Europe. ( I could also be completely wrong :D )
In my opinion those mods seem to be a bit odd for a person in there 60's

The thing in the rear looks like it could be part of a flex fuel kit, I believe they're popular in the states as their fuel at the pump tends to be a lower octane than we get in Europe. ( I could also be completely wrong :D )
In my opinion those mods seem to be a bit odd for a person in there 60's
I agree, definitely odd mods for someone in their 60's the exhaust (although I love to bits) wouldn't be something I'd think he'd install either but that's what Honda told me when I asked information on the original owner. The car also has many little touches that only someone that really cared about the car would do and it's in like new condition so I'm happy it's been well taken care of

Interesting point with the flex fuel, I'll have to do some digging and see where it goes, I just have to get to the bottom of it. I'm guessing the two black boxes under the bonnet must be some kind of ECU mod

I’m 60 and I’d love that exhaust!
I guess a petrol head is a petrol head regardless of age! I do know for a fact my neighbors who are in their 60's definitely do not like it at all especially cold starts very early in the morning haha

60's That's nothing! I run a fk2 gt polished metal metallic complete with a red rally pack that consists of red garnish surrounding the front grill ,red mirror covers ,red garnish on the rear corners. Plus a red roof spoiler that's screwed and bonded to the roof that definitely will not come off.As said by some that they used to be velcro'd on and kept flying off ,just isn't the case. This on the roof above the wing on the rear looks very unique.
The rest of the car is as it came from the factory. In my opinion the car looks stunning and again as said by some signals it's intentions from the word go . And I've just gone 69. I often get comments like "does it go as good as it looks "or I bet it goes like s--t off a stick.
Always brings a smile to my face.
Regards Fred.

I agree, definitely odd mods for someone in their 60's the exhaust (although I love to bits) wouldn't be something I'd think he'd install either but that's what Honda told me when I asked information on the original owner. The car also has many little touches that only someone that really cared about the car would do and it's in like new condition so I'm happy it's been well taken care of

Interesting point with the flex fuel, I'll have to do some digging and see where it goes, I just have to get to the bottom of it. I'm guessing the two black boxes under the bonnet must be some kind of ECU mod
Have you tried contacting the previous owner. I'm sure you can find out. Which would be your solution. Regards Fred.

Back