• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

"ceramic" oil additive

I wouldn't put anything like that in a K20. The correct grade of oil works just fine for me.

me also...i use motul x-cess 5w-40 and have 1l oil consumption in ~2500miles, but frieand uses it on his CTR EP3 and praises it as a good thing

I use Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w-40 and i i don't think i have had to use anymore than 100ml between my 6000mile oil changes.

Each to thier own but i would steer well clear of putting anything like that ceramic stuff in my engine.

if you drive it very slowly that's normal and OK...
But if you push it hard + top speed runs you will burn oil...You can find that also in HONDA manual
No matter what engine, all high rpm engines are like that.

I am well aware that Vtec engines use alot of oil if you use a certain grade or cheap stuff, Every engine is different and will use up oil differently also. Honda advise you to check you're oil pretty much every time you fill up with petrol so once a week and be expected to top up with oil every 600 miles!

One of the main reason for high oil consumption is poor oil and poor service intervals, i don't drive very slowly and my CTR hardly uses a drop. it's just you're luck i suppose.

A Guy I know who worked for Castrol once told me that all these additives do more harm than good. The oil companies spend millions of pounds developing the formula of oils to give a specific result. by adding other chemicals they often "compete" with the oil itself for the space to bond to the metal and so sometimes cause an increase in friction. As said go for the correct grade of oil job done.

Back