• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Changing wing mirror caps on the FK8 R

Has anyone changed them and managed to do it without breaking the lower tab that’s hard to reach?

I am struggling to get the caps off and I’d rather not break the tab if I can avoid it. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I've changed mine to carbon fiber, it's a pita but it's doable. I removed the mirror and used a flat bladed screwdriver to help feed the tab. I saved one and broke one as they are fragile (and I lost patience :rolleyes: )

Yeah, same story for me, I got impatient after about 3 hours of trying to get them off intact .
I managed to get one done with zero damage but I broke the tab on the second one, no way it was coming off otherwise. I even had the Honda workshop instructions which were quite vague at times, the small side tab isn’t even mentioned.

I fitted the Modulo Flame Red caps I got from Nengun in Japan. I think they look pretty nice as a colour accent that matches the Red H and R badges.

Back