• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

My DC5 ones (again, non standard calipers) were around £300 from memory, there's been a significant jump using the latest calipers. I think the issue is that the caliper is shared with Ferrari and other exotic machinery so I get humped as a result.
I just swapped the rs29 for rs15 for daily use. Far better cold and medium bite, but will suffer at higher temps.

Them rs29 still have about 7mm of pad material ***. They last forever, so actually decent value for money.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

My DC5 ones (again, non standard calipers) were around £300 from memory, there's been a significant jump using the latest calipers. I think the issue is that the caliper is shared with Ferrari and other exotic machinery so I get humped as a result.

Raiding the Audi back catalogue FTW. If Clubsport S discs and pads aren't enough then I can look at TTS/TTRSQ3 calipers.

Just read this thread from start to finish, very enjoyable :)

Love the car (probably the next car on my list), and respect for driving it the way it was designed for!

Hmm, FD02 NOB or FD02 NOM? I tried to find OKS but someone else has it I guess as it's not available.

c3f4fc58cb97589b4ea3e8a1470f1283.jpg

The FD2 came out of the garage again today to go for a service up at Performance Autoworks. Nothing major, just engine oil and gearbox oil plus a look at the pads as they were picked up on the recent MoT for 'wearing thin'.

Against forum experts' advice, I’ve followed that of two different Honda garages that race these engines and look after loads of track cars and stuck with 10w60 Oil.

Gearbox wise I’ve gone with Torco MTF with friction modifier instead of Honda MTF and so far it’s made the diff a lot smoother and less noisy. Time will tell if it stays that way.

The front Pagid RS29’s are only 50-60% worn so I’ve not replaced those. I also bought new OEM pads and they had about half a track day left so I’ve replaced with OEM again. The rear pads and discs aren’t showing any sign of excess heat and braking performance is fine so I’ll stick with them, they’re cheap too at around £45 so that’s a bonus as the fronts are not cheap.

Proper giggle to drive still, looking forward to next week now as I’m off to the ‘ring on holiday.

So much want.

And I didn't think the diff was that noisy. But then I wasn't in the car for any prolonged period.

Enjoy the trip. Gutted I'm not going but my sanity can't face another repair bill. :lol:

Against forum experts' advice, I’ve followed that of two different Honda garages that race these engines and look after loads of track cars and stuck with 10w60 Oil.

I used 10w60 in my s2000 based on tom from tgm's advice and it was fine.

Ready for the trip tomorrow, so put the BMW in the garage. I wanted to clean them but I’ve run out of car shampoo!

9db5b9d9dfb967c8d621d8232323ecbd.jpg

3bc87ea07f9e4b902ed7985ff4009af5.jpg

093cba7c6db8948249986216a301d910.jpg

8ecf977eb770b50b90e8eacd8d6d0ef2.jpg

1c952925ffbee38831e4640535e3b636.jpg

FD2s always look so purposeful. Enjoy the ring. Look forward to seeing any pics of it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nürburgring visit last week for a short holiday with Dotty. Annoyingly it was high 30's so pretty unbearable with hardly any shade where you want it and no air con in the house!

Mine and his car at the house sunbathing.

3xu84QD.jpg

The view from my room. I mainly go out there for the scenery, vibe and to chill out now, the track has become more of a secondary interest. Even the GP circuit was only configured for the short track, boo!

hKZzqqF.jpg

Everyone does this now, right?

zaXToBT.jpg

2WXI0RA.jpg

We tried to stay in the searing heat at Brünnchen to watch the instruction that was going on, we had to walk up the hill to get in the shade. It was unbearable without shade!

zawohVT.jpg

Obligatory on track pic. My time only around 9 minutes as I don't really push it on the 'ring and with the track temperature being close to 60 degrees the AD08R's were starting to struggle a little. Lots of tyre wear over one lap compared to say when it's 20 degrees so I didn't fancy doing too many laps at 25 Euros a pop. I do have a second pic I bought but they've not sent it though yet, will add later.

LFiCJCt.jpg

On to Bruges (if you haven't been, go!) while Dotty went to the F1, I think the car was relieved to be underground for a few days!

l7nGExz.jpg

And back in the garage. I'll be bringing it out again this week or this weekend to give it a good wash. And while it's out, I'll sort the garage out as it seems to be breeding clutter in there.

ZbFq4nb.jpg

Spent around 6 hours cleaning both cars. Both were snow foamed, washed, polished and waxed. I also cleaned the interiors, cleaned and sealed the wheels and what not. I'm knackered now!

yYgEyaP.jpg

FoYmUoy.jpg

KdaddFH.jpg

g9Y8oMI.jpg

NCUyzYD.jpg

INnH533.jpg

The mrs tidied the garage for me, loads of clutter has been binned!

C808Iyc.jpg

R0Zij0r.jpg

O4BTvpg.jpg

DGUuZNP.jpg

Caffeine and Machine trip today, excellent little spot.

ce905f1965c39ede719d2f6ef80f9a60.jpg

Then put on the private plate.

f2a80a5c1df56d98a886b7f5eca7bf2e.jpg

Back