• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Civic EP3 Exhaust Went Quiet Overnight

R3L

Hi Guys,

Only my second post here but hopeing someone can offer some advice.

Have owned my EP3 going on 4 years its rarely driven as its my weekend car but daily is currently getting fixed so have been using it more than usual.

Went out in the morning a few days ago to go to work an I could not hear my exhaust its very low in tone with no drone like usual - At first I thought I was just used to the sound but a few people have confirmed this as well now its defonitley not just me - Car feels fine in high revs in the low revs it takes a bit more than usual and in VTEC its not quite as quick either.

Oil and fluids are all fine - Have it booked in on Saturday to get the exhaust looked at as I am thinking it could be the CAT failing does anyone have any thoughts or experianced similiar in the past?

Exhaust I am running is an HKS cat back and only other mod enginge wise is an HKS induction kit.

Any help/input appreciated guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first place I took it to think it sounds fine but never put it up on the ramp. Hopefully more luck at next place if I can get booked in. Really starting to annoy me car sounds like a bag of spanners :) Thanks for all the replies so far.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Had all exhaust of up to cat and back on - All sweet again fitted a second hand CAT and problem solved. Thanks for the replies guys I was begining to think something was dead inside :D now I want to make the car a bit louder so thinking about ditching the rear silencer but with it being an HKS backbox I wont be able to use a sportex straight pipe :(

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Back