• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

So am I right to say after reading all these replies.. The Type R with a super charger or a turbo would be reliable or just as reliable as my GTI Edition 30 right now? Reason I want to go for a Type R is because it is a different buzz.. Reving hard.. better in corners etc etc.

Mine seems to be pretty good in the corners to be fair, certainly helps knowing how to use it :)

Was going to say, an EP3 with decent suspension (that isn't the originals on 100k+ miles) and a FRSU will absolutely wipe the floor with the Golf in the corners. Yes it lacks a bit in straight line power, but a few bolt-ons and a Kpro bring it up to the modern age. LSD helps a lot too ofc.

Was going to say, an EP3 with decent suspension (that isn't the originals on 100k+ miles) and a FRSU will absolutely wipe the floor with the Golf in the corners. Yes it lacks a bit in straight line power, but a few bolt-ons and a Kpro bring it up to the modern age. LSD helps a lot too ofc.

But if we are talking modified ep3, then surely we should be talking modified golf too?
only fair

But if we are talking modified ep3, then surely we should be talking modified golf too?
only fair

A 30th Edition golf costs quite a bit more than an EP3, so if we are talking similar value then the Golf wouldn't be modified.

But yes modified vs modified I am not sure, EP3 is still lighter and more nimble but I've never personally driven a GTI so can't vouch for it's handling capabilities once on coilovers.

Aswell as Not much better in the corners.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy for you to say Jason! Your car cost more than twice as much as the EP3 did new and is worth around 10x as much second hand. Im not sure it would be twice the car on the track, let alone 10x the car........

Easy for you to say Jason! Your car cost more than twice as much as the EP3 did new and is worth around 10x as much second hand. Im not sure it would be twice the car on the track, let alone 10x the car........
Im only fishing for a laugh mate. Had 5 ep3's myself and they're great cars to go shopping in.

My Ep3 is 12 years old and running like new :D
I had a Leon FR which had the 200bhp Golf engine in it, wasn't very exciting and the rev haaaaaang wasn't fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

The ep3 also sold 10x the number ;)

Common as fook!

Yep... In scrapyards and police impounds by the thousand ;)

.... That makes me wonder... what's the most impounded make/model of car in the uk?

Ep3 has to be up there!!

Yep... In scrapyards and police impounds by the thousand ;)

.... That makes me wonder... what's the most impounded make/model of car in the uk?

Ep3 has to be up there!!
I know back in the day it was all series1 and 2 RS turbo's and cosworths. (Including a couple of mine) Lol.
I was almost sent to jail for a long time when i had my nitrous injected Series1.

Back