• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

civic type r gt FITTING A SAT NAV

Please be patient with me new to this i have a fn2 type r gt and and i was thinking of fitting a double din system but since i was told by the spark (technachine) i will lose the clock feature i decided i will look for a oem sat nav so i started looking around found one in a scrap yard about 30 miles from me he give me a quote for sat nav £200. This is what he says to me for the sat nav dash button middle console the screen the dvd what gones in the glove box the censor inclunding wires £200 there something i should know befor doing this like will i need the dash aboue the screen not sure where i heard this the screen is larger on the sat nav than the normal screen any help i can get will be helpful.

cherrs

If you use the Impulse Audio adaptor, you don't lose the clock and a/c display.

The impulse kit can be found here: http://www.impulsecar.co.uk/product_details.php?productid=MjE=

As for the OEM Sat Nav, you are right you would need the Sat Nav Head unit (button in the middle), screen (it is bigger on the Nav version), map DVD player (glove box), GPS antenna, steering wheel buttons for HFT/Voice controls, HFT Bluetooth module and HFT Microphone.

It would be much simpler and neater to get a double DIN head unit with Nav built in as you've been misinformed about the clock. ;)

Double din

If you use the Impulse Audio adaptor, you don't lose the clock and a/c display.

The impulse kit can be found here: http://www.impulsecar.co.uk/product_details.php?productid=MjE=

As for the OEM Sat Nav, you are right you would need the Sat Nav Head unit (button in the middle), screen (it is bigger on the Nav version), map DVD player (glove box), GPS antenna, steering wheel buttons for HFT/Voice controls, HFT Bluetooth module and HFT Microphone.

It would be much simpler and neater to get a double DIN head unit with Nav built in as you've been misinformed about the clock. ;)

Thanks for your reply Loxy regarding the double din unit if if was to go ahead with that how would i change the clock time setting how would i change it?
as the oem SAT NAV is that all i need beaucse i think the fella who's selling it sold the steering wheel is it possiable to get one from a diffrent car and is it important to make the sat nav work or it it just for the HFH plus do i need the dash part above the the sat nav screen to composate the size of the screen let me know if a speaking to quick?

You adjust the clock via the steering wheel controls. It's something like a long press on the channel button takes it into set mode. It comes with instructions.

You could put the nav in without the HFT but a lot of the nav, climate etc can be controlled by voice commands and the hands free telephone bit but the need the steering wheel buttons for that. You'd only be getting half the functionality.

You definitely need the bigger upper screen, the one you have now is just the display for the radio and AC etc., the nav one has a second LCD screen for the nav that isn't there on the non nav screen.

It will need the top part of the dash from between the radio and the screen. The nav dash slopes down more than the non nav dash.

Civic%20Type-R%20dash.jpg

Honda-Civic-Type-R-2010-Dashboard-View-670x503.jpg

Double din

Seriously, just get a double din.

IMG00014-20101123-2112.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

ILpv6l.jpg

haha you sound like the fella in kandmacoustics get the double din but he told me i will lose the clock but the fasica what you showed me looks the right one yeah but i think it will be hard work doing the oem if that fella is liaring i will go for the doulbe got a alpine system double din lyning about somewhere

if you follow the link you will be able to see the part next to the screen is it necessary

Yes. I would have thought the guy selling it to you would be giving you all of the bits and you wouldn't have to ask for every little part? :lol:

You've not even mentioned the GPS antenna but you're going to need that for the Nav to work.

Get a double din.

but he told me i will lose the clock

All of the pictures I've posted show the clock working, along with the climate display. This facia and adapter have been out for a couple of years, used by hundreds of people and proven to work.

Double din

Yes. I would have thought the guy selling it to you would be giving you all of the bits and you wouldn't have to ask for every little part? :lol:

You've not even mentioned the GPS antenna but you're going to need that for the Nav to work.

Get a double din.

All of the pictures I've posted show the clock working, along with the climate display. This facia and adapter have been out for a couple of years, used by hundreds of people and proven to work.

am going there latey about 4 clock he says i can have all the parts for 2 ton but sometimes these guys tell yeah yeah got it all sure when go there not true sometimes to good to be true i see what happens

i go there hes only got the sat nav dvd and middle consel the am not arr man what a waste of time haha i just order the Conversion Kit!

Back