• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning a carbon bonnet

I recently bought a second hand carbon bonnet. Its in need of a bit of TLC and a polish up .
Anyone know where I can take it or how to DIY it ?

its just dull at the moment.....it used to have a sticker on the bonnet so thats ghosting thriugh aswell

If it's gel coat you should be fine polishing it up.

I wouldn't sand it at all though.

Where abouts are you based? If you can get somone to machine polish it for you, it will come up great.

mmmm I work in hatfield, might have to get the DC5 detailed once the front is sprayed :)

So, Jon, all sorted now? :)

Sorry for my late posting but been very busy with work etc....

After a PM to Extreme Detailing I had asked what could be done about my Cabon Bonnet which was in a right mess id tried all sorts on it but couldnt get the black wet look back in to the bonnet for all the hours of polishing, waxing etc. I had admitted defeat and accepted the bonnet looked awful.

After a trip to Xtreme Detailing the bonnet has been transformed it looks loads better and could look a lot better according to Xtreme LOL I was there a max of 45 mins to an hour and drove away gleaming !

I havent got any before photos but it was streaked and the gel coat was drying out leaving white fade marks which I thought were under the gel coat making it look a creamy dull colour in places and no shine and very dull all over .

the pictures speak for themselves :) :D

To say im chuffed with your work would be an undestatement , you did more in 45 mins than I did in weeks of polishing :smt041 and to top it all the price was spot on .

Cheers :smt045

Attachments

• Carbon weave foru.jpg
    Carbon weave foru.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 14
  • carbon bonnet for.jpg
    carbon bonnet for.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 19
Back