• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Code reader for 2003 EP3

Hi All.

My engine light has come on and I have tried to find out how to get the information on how to go about getting the code read myself. I must be looking in the wrong places as I can't find a scrap about.

I am trying to find out if a loop can be used between 4-9 on the OBD connector found in the drivers footwell that flashes the dash light, please?

Also if not, the availability of a plug-in reader - as cheap as poss. please?

I cant even find out which OBD it is - 2?

Any help appreciated.

I have only been able to find out how to cancel the code/dash light.

Thanks,

Mark.

OBD2. It's only some old vehicles that are OBD1. Plenty of cheap code readers out there to pull off a code. Will still require correct diagnosing checks and tests to find out the fault. Fault codes just point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a cheap ready have a look on EBay for an Autel Maxiscan. Will be best 20 quid you ever spend

I've got the MS309 I believe but there's better ones now for similar money

I've put a bid in for 2 MS309's for £18 inc post though may have to wait for them!

Is the 309 able to remove the fault codes?

Regards,

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
They want £19.20 for two.

If anyone wants one?

Still looking for an answer to linking the OBD sockets 4 - 9 please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled the fuse in the engine bay that resets the ECU/engine light.

It worked - went for a 250 mile blast with some other type R owners on Sunday and it has not returned.

Still need to plug in a reader to get the code.

I pulled the fuse in the engine bay that resets the ECU/engine light.

It worked - went for a 250 mile blast with some other type R owners on Sunday and it has not returned.

Still need to plug in a reader to get the code.

I would get a code reader and see what the code is / potential problem as on average after a code disssapears it takes around ten start ups of the ignition then the eml light will come back on.

Back