• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Compression test results and sparkplugs

Hello everyone, not long bought my first ep3...future plans are to turbo it so wanted to make sure the engine was healthy. I done a compression test today and the results I got are below:

1 - 230 psi
2 - 200
3 - 220
4 - 220

This was done with the throttle wide open and 5 cranks on each cylinder. My question is cylinder 2 is a bit lower than the rest..should I be worried about it?

Also I know some people are good at knowing how the engine runs by looking at spark plugs so was wondering if someone with experience could look at mine and give me a verdict? Pics below

20220619_160606_copy_3024x1362.jpg20220619_160554_copy_3024x1362.jpg
Any help appreciated. Thanks, Ryan.

Running a bit lean I would say, I wouldn’t worry too much about that compression. It’s still pretty good.

Thats good news then cheers..however, how can I stop it from running lean? It has been decatted, 421 exhaust manifold, full exhaust system and kpro v4. Thanks, Ryan

Thats good news then cheers..however, how can I stop it from running lean? It has been decatted, 421 exhaust manifold, full exhaust system and kpro v4. Thanks, Ryan

Who mapped it? It might need a tweak.

I've no idea mate it was already mapped when I bought it...don't suppose you know of any reputable people around North east UK that could map it again? Thanks, Ryab

I've no idea mate it was already mapped when I bought it...don't suppose you know of any reputable people around North east UK that could map it again? Thanks, Ryab
Not sure about North East but EFI Parts in Runcorn are highly reputable. I used Chris for my FD2 and it drove superbly.

Back