• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cosmic Ep3 with 48 k and a few mods

Hello Guys
I have had many ep3 type r cars and found them,like you all,to be a great all around tool .

Anyways here is the spec and I will pop up some pics of my build progress and stages of mods as I go .

I guess its worth saying I am hands on like we all try to be and have had the pleasure of plonking together a few cars in the past .

spec-

2005 A/C
233bhp 170 ft/lbs mapped by Romain @ Eurospec
Toda 4-2-1 manifold
3" TDi North 96 db System
AEM CAI
Ported De-badged Skunk2 inlet manifold
Blue crinkle paint spooner restorations Rocker cover
Hondata K-pro
paddle action Clutch 6 puk But I use the standard pressure plate to make a light pedal pressure .
Fidanza lightweight Flywheel
Quiafe LSD
5.8 M/factory final drive
Clockwise baffled sump
Shortened steering arms
new tie rod ends
Rack raiser
polybushed engine/gearbox mounts
Camber bolts
Tein Custom coilovers Front 11kg Rear 13kg
Rear camber arms
JDM 24mm ARB JDM front anti roll bar
Buddyclub 330mm 4pots front stoppers ds2500 pads ds2500 rear pads new standard rear calipers
HeL Braided Lines
New hand brake cables
Full standard interior
Custom re diffusor
standard wheels for road with eagle f1's
Play wheels Rotas with D-mack track tyres

I got the car with so low miles I was super happy so got on the ramp and decided to go over it just with rust killer and then I went with military grade Hot Wax and you heat this stuff up and flood the chassis with it then it sets in all the holes and stops rot in its tracks I then went about coating the underside of the car with some dinatrol that sets hard so its like a underseal but not a poor Shultz tar crap that never goes off and just basically covers the underside of the car to hide everything.

To be fair its a nice tool I have done a few track days and its been fault less also I have just returned from the ring with destination Nurbergring where we had 2 days closed track days so lapped 42 laps or there abouts of the ring and she done well once again no issues at all and it was 30 degrees so again the type r surprised everyone with being a sharp car and reliable and affordable to run .

I will add pictures when I can work out how too lol if you would like to see just see my Instagram profile .

@littleengco

the builds there and a few ring pics .

Thanks for you time guys and nice to be on here I look forwards to maybe catching up at some track days if anyone tends to go to a few .

Regards Stu

Sounds like you've had a great time!

That 5.8 must get you up to speed pretty quick! I find mine 'pokey' with the 5.1 final drive.

Hey :smt039 Interested to know what's your RPM at 70mph?

Hello guys ... Yes she is nippy but with most tracks in the uk being short straights she has no issue topping out and infact when I was at the ring I saw 142 though the Foxhole @9ooo or there abouts ... strange as on paper according to all the gear ratio gadgets out there with my final drive and the standard ep3 gearbox ratio it states with the 225/45/17 rubber states 147mph but we know we never see that from our ep3 anyway.
So to answer your question its basically 1ooorpm over standard gearing ... when we drove home and went to get fuel stop my mate put 40 litres in and I put 42 so all in all not really an issue with fuel its just a case of the extra 1k rpm if you have a loud system ... I don't 96db . Cheers Guys

That's pretty cool! I'm still trying to decide on which final drive ratio to use in the track car but we are talking about supercharging it first. Think that'll decide what we eventually go with.

Just leave it standard gearing if ypur boosting it ,it will rip thou the gears just fine but stay under 350lb or your kill a standard box with that much power.. I run my boosted e.g. with standard gearing and that is fine . That's 489 bhp lol.

Just leave it standard gearing if ypur boosting it ,it will rip thou the gears just fine but stay under 350lb or your kill a standard box with that much power.. I run my boosted e.g. with standard gearing and that is fine . That's 489 bhp lol.
Mad, love it haha!

Even with boost I think it'll take a fair bit of extra power to make 350Ib/ft? Cheers for the heads up!

Mad, love it haha!

Even with boost I think it'll take a fair bit of extra power to make 350Ib/ft? Cheers for the heads up!

I run mine at 25psi that has the 750cc injectors running 95% duty cycle 53psi fuel pressure rising 1 to 1 ratio with boost fed via 0.44 fuel pump from swirl pot... All roses

Just to confirm I also saw around 145mph stop speed on a 5.84 on 17s :)

On a bit of private road that looked a bit like the A50

Back