• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Insurance for under 25s?

Hi I am new to the forum and am interested in buying a DC5 but am having problems with insurance. I am not sure how to start a new thread so advice would bre appreciated. Can anyone recommend insurers for imports? The company Keith Michaels who I spoke to said they wouldn't go near me because I only have a 1.2 corsa at the moment and I am under 25. Please advise.

Thanks

Speak to the insurers here; Adrian Flux, Prestige etc..

Whoever you go with, jumping from a 1.2 Corsa to a DC5 won't be cheap.

How much under 25? I was paying €2100 when I was 21/22. Full license and 3 years NCB.

DC5 under 25 without a good amount of no claims bonus will be expensive.

How old are you just out of interest?

*Awaits post from prestige*

I forgave them when they started saying Hi welcome to the forum etc without touting for business, much more friendly and not annoying!

Hi and welcome,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to Private Message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Had my DC5 when I was 22/23 I think. Keith Michaels was actually who I went with but I was coming from a 2.0 Celica.

All insurers will be different. Just need to spend a couple hours making phone calls.

The ones I call at renewal time are:

Adrian Flux
A-Plan
Sky Insurance

I will be 24 in November and will have 4 years no claims bonus as of September. 3 points for speeding.

Hi I am new to the forum and am interested in buying a DC5 but am having problems with insurance. I am not sure how to start a new thread so advice would bre appreciated. Can anyone recommend insurers for imports? The company Keith Michaels who I spoke to said they wouldn't go near me because I only have a 1.2 corsa at the moment and I am under 25. Please advise.

Thanks

Hi Liam & welcome to the forum.

On our car insurance scheme, you have to have at least a years' experience of driving that or similar bhp cars.

Back