• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine warning light

Hi,
If the engine managment light comes on does the car go into "safety or limp mode"?
Its just that my friend had put a decat on his ep3 and the light has come on but he is not botherd so I said I would check and see if its ok to drive with it on.

I think it depends on the seriousness of the fault the management system is reprting,I had a vtec problem and it went into limp mode.

The car is "safe" to drive but there is a possibility that it could be running lean which in the long term could be doing damage. Chances are he has gained nothing either as without a remap you cannot take advantage of a decat. The light has illuminated simply to tell him there is a defect with the cat. What I would say though is all the time it is illuminated you dont have anything to warn you if a serious fault develops. Personally i would never drive a car round like it.

no, he is planning on getting one from the US, it looks like it takes the sensor out of the folw of gasses.......
It does not seem any faster than mine so bit of a waste if you ask me.

it connects to one of the the sensors and cons your ecu to make it think it's still there. he needs to have it mapped to get the best out of it.

Back