• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP 24-28mm rear ARB experiences? Will it oversteer? And a tyre question!

if I run one of the tegiwa 24mm or 28mm kit will it oversteer?
I had an incident where the back end came out on my EP only doing 35 round a tight roundabout and it would have spun out or hit another car had it not been a wide roundabout with no one around, I used to have a drift car so luckily saved it but that is not what I expected to happen just from merely taking a roundabout very tightly flowing it at 30-35mph on a 40mph road?
It again happened going 25-30 round another one.
Now I do currently have eco tyres (came with the car only got it a few weeks ago) so I'm hoping this is just tyre related but wasn't sure as my eg/ek never did this with any cheap brand tyre and I could literally slingshot it round a bend/roundabout on nearly full lock and ping it off up a dually.

Is this just a flaw with the tyres or are all EP's like this and I just have to settle with it not being able to handle like an eg/ek and just only go fast on the straights?
I want it to be able to grip amazingly round bends and back roads without stepping out, so wondered if this 24/28mm option arb kit with brace/droplinks etc that Tegiwa do would fix that? Or will it just oversteer now?

Again I plan to change the tyres, but that seems a nightmare, anything good like PS4/RS5/EF1 all are crappy soft squishy sidewall (which I hate from past cars) and don't last five minutes and are supposed to get dangerous around 4mm?
The other solutions seem to only be a hard sidewall dry tyre that everyone claim are dangerous in the rain.

Ideally I want a tyre that does really good wet grip and dry and has a hard sidewall. I had bridgestone turanza's on my last E36 on the front and they're were a square sidewall and super hard compound but I don't remember which model I had and when I look online now all I see is 'XL' rated 001-005 models which suggest they're soft and have had to bring out a slightly stiffer but still soft "XL" variant - which is always the way when you see 'XL' and puts the fear into me that it'll be too soft a sidewall.

Thanks for any input!

Back