• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 aftermarket cat choice

The J's racing b pipe has been sat in my garage alongside the fujitsubo back box for over a month now and I want to get it fitted. The cat looks a bit rusty and tatty, I don't really want to bolt the stainless b pipe to it. I've seen aftermarket cats from the likes of React, has anyone had an aftermarket cat, got any recommendations? I've even considered the Toyosports stainless mani which looks like a straight swap with oem. The 4-1 version which keeps the cat. In other words a full replacement to the exhaust system.

I've still got the original cat at the moment. I wondered about the Reaction one or I think Euro Car Parts, sell one.

I would also like to know if they are any good as I'm undecided between replacing mine or just going with a 4-2-1 decat.

Need to have a word with my mot guy before I decide.

I know that's no help to you but hopefully someone can chip in with more information.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I've still got the original cat at the moment. I wondered about the Reaction one or I think Euro Car Parts, sell one.

I would also like to know if they are any good as I'm undecided between replacing mine or just going with a 4-2-1 decat.

Need to have a word with my mot guy before I decide.

I know that's no help to you but hopefully someone can chip in with more information.

I would speak to your MOT guy first.

Sports cats can give you as much grief as a decat a lot of the time. Sure I've seen decats that are a cat cone but empty on eBay and places.

At least you pass a visual check then and the rest is just emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't particularly want a sports cat or a decat, just want to gauge opinion or reviews on the replacement cats that are available. Also interested in the stainless Toyosports mani as it appears a straight swap for oem but will be lighter and fresher.

I would speak to your MOT guy first.

Sports cats can give you as much grief as a decat a lot of the time. Sure I've seen decats that are a cat cone but empty on eBay and places.

At least you pass a visual check then and the rest is just emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for the reply. I was as much thinking along the lines of the OP with a replacement cat rather than sports cat if I can't get a 4-2-1 sorted.

I was always concerned about getting the 4-2-1 on previous ep3's but now I have it, wouldn't like to go back.
I was worried come MOT time but managed to get sorted a lot easier than I thought.

Get 4-2-1 + get mapped, or stick with OEM

I was always concerned about getting the 4-2-1 on previous ep3's but now I have it, wouldn't like to go back.
I was worried come MOT time but managed to get sorted a lot easier than I thought.

Get 4-2-1 + get mapped, or stick with OEM
I would say these are the two options really.

I want a 4-2-1 and a map in the future on the road EP3!

Agreed. 4-2-1 and remap or staying Oem sounds like the 2 main options. Doesn't seem worth getting remap done with cat in place etc.

Back to the Op's question though. If his cat is really rusty is there a decent replacement cat. I think the one on Euro Car Parts is £150 but no idea if it's any good. I dread to think how much a new Honda cat would be.

Best bet is probably a second hand OEM that someone removed when changing their manifold perhaps?

Back