• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 clutch issues

Track day at Anglesey bought to an end by clutch failure. When allowed to cool a bit I could get gears again but as soon as it’s warm I can’t. Fluid levels haven’t dropped and no obvious signs of leakage. I’m hoping it’s clutch master or slave fault rather than clutch itself. Are these classic symptoms of slave or master for ep3? Thanks rich

Sounds
Track day at Anglesey bought to an end by clutch failure. When allowed to cool a bit I could get gears again but as soon as it’s warm I can’t. Fluid levels haven’t dropped and no obvious signs of leakage. I’m hoping it’s clutch master or slave fault rather than clutch itself. Are these classic symptoms of slave or master for ep3? Thanks rich

Very similar to my DC5 clutch when that went, it was the clutch. Initially from 3rd to 4th, was fine when cold and colder but as soon as it got some heat into it the issues showed. I had a trackday booked and carried on to do it, managed the whole day but by the end it was noticeable across all gears.
TGM Stripped it down and the clutch was wrecked, new oem clutch and lightened RTS flywheel and it was perfect again for many years until sold recently.

Does not sound like symptoms of slave or master but more so the clutch I am afraid.

Sounds

Very similar to my DC5 clutch when that went, it was the clutch. Initially from 3rd to 4th, was fine when cold and colder but as soon as it got some heat into it the issues showed. I had a trackday booked and carried on to do it, managed the whole day but by the end it was noticeable across all gears.
TGM Stripped it down and the clutch was wrecked, new oem clutch and lightened RTS flywheel and it was perfect again for many years until sold recently.

Does not sound like symptoms of slave or master but more so the clutch I am afraid.
Thanks Carl
I’m in denial in the hope it’s not a gearbox out job but suspect you’re right.

Back