• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 exhaust gaskets and bolts needed!

Today going to work i overtook a car and noticed my exhaust was slightly louder than usual on full throttle, i didn't think anymore of it for a couple of miles as i was cruising along and it sounded fairly normal but when i hit an undulating dip in the road my exhaust went twang and was extremely loud!

After my shift i drove home and got it up on axle stands to find out the bloody thing had split between the b-pipe and the cat and was just hanging there loose. I was glad it stayed on and cursed myself for not having a better look at it before i left for home. I also noticed that one of the holes on the cat has rusted out and there is only half a hole left on it!

It seems the ****wits at the garage that installed my catback years ago only used m6 bolts with a couple of washers and as the washers rusted away the bolt heads slipped straight through flange on the b-pipe (Lesson learned and i won't be back there again) I struggled to get the rusted bolts off with a hacksaw and I have managed to half arse a fix with a couple of bolts for now until i get the correct ones from Honda or a reputable supplier and get it to a garage.

I am now going to replace every bolt and gasket on my exhaust and could do with some help on part numbers. I have a 04 UKDM EP3, standard manifold and cat with a Fujitsubo Legalis R catback.

I have already ordered J's Racing hangers for the front and back from TDI North and i have a manifold gasket sitting in storage. I have part numbers for the bolts and springs for the manifold to the cat and b-pipe to backbox so i need help getting the gaskets for my Fujitsubo to the cat and b-pipe to the backbox. Will these be the same as OEM or will they be different with the diameter of the Fujitsubo being larger than the OEM catback?

If my cat is knackered due to one of the holes rusted away and not repairable i may have to replace it with a DC5 manifold and cat i have in storage so i would also like to know what the part numbers are for the gaskets for that as well if possible.

I use the car as my daily to get to and from work so i need to order parts pronto to get it all done for the weekend hopefully.

Hi Stu my exhaust system should be here soon and I check if there is a gasket and measure them and update you soon as
The gasket that fits on the cat is 18393-SH3-S00

Last edited by a moderator:
Should the Fuji catback have a gasket in it to the cat or is the cat gasket all you need for that joint?

Really struggling searching the net for what gaskets my system needs.

Hi Stu,

In my car thread is info on the gaskets. Now I am assuming the Twinloop and Fuji are same size of piping? I only used the cat gasket from Honda as there is no gasket that goes in the catback b-pipe to cat section. Only the cat has the gasket at this junction.

Now the gasket for the b-pipe to the rear backbox should be the doughnut gasket. I know the gasket I got with the Mugen catback was an OEM honda one but too big for the UK Cat.

Hi Stu,

In my car thread is info on the gaskets. Now I am assuming the Twinloop and Fuji are same size of piping? I only used the cat gasket from Honda as there is no gasket that goes in the catback b-pipe to cat section. Only the cat has the gasket at this junction.

Now the gasket for the b-pipe to the rear backbox should be the doughnut gasket. I know the gasket I got with the Mugen catback was an OEM honda one but too big for the UK Cat.

Yes they are same 60.5mm Main Pipe

Hi Stu,

Cheers mate, that clears it up a bit for me.

Today i have ordered 4 bolts and 4 springs for the manifold to cat and b-pipe to backbox. 3 bolts with locking nuts for the cat to the b-pipe and a gasket for the cat to b-pipe from my local Honda dealer.

I also ordered 10m of exhaust heat wrap which i plan to do when i replace all of the bolts and gaskets to try and kerb the kettling driving in the rain a bit.

I ordered 2 J's racing exhaust mounts for the backbox and 1 triangle shaped J's racing mount for the b-pipe. Is the exhaust mount at the front on the cat the same as the 2 on the backbox and will the J's racing mounts fit there? If it does then i will contact TDI North to put another one in my order when they get them in.

Sorry I believe the manifold hanger is different. From the lings Honda pics anyway. It is something I will have to look at for when I put the Mugen header and Sports cat on.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I need the donut gasket, springs and bolts that connect my midpipe to my exhaust for my Fujitsubo Legalis R.
I'm also wondering if the new exhaust hangers you purchased fix the low hanging midpipe.

If they did could you let me know where i can buy the parts from?

Cheers

Cheers mate, that clears it up a bit for me.

Today i have ordered 4 bolts and 4 springs for the manifold to cat and b-pipe to backbox. 3 bolts with locking nuts for the cat to the b-pipe and a gasket for the cat to b-pipe from my local Honda dealer.

I also ordered 10m of exhaust heat wrap which i plan to do when i replace all of the bolts and gaskets to try and kerb the kettling driving in the rain a bit.

I ordered 2 J's racing exhaust mounts for the backbox and 1 triangle shaped J's racing mount for the b-pipe. Is the exhaust mount at the front on the cat the same as the 2 on the backbox and will the J's racing mounts fit there? If it does then i will contact TDI North to put another one in my order when they get them in.

My midpipe on my Legalis R has never hung low, it is infact very close to the floor of the car. The J's Racing triangle mount for the midpipe does lift it over a OEM rubber one and the 2 rear J's mounts are about the same size as OEM ones but a tad stiffer.

The Legalis doesn't need a donut gasket for the midpipe to the Cat. All i needed was a new Cat (ring) gasket from Honda. For the midpipe to the backbox i think i used an S2000 2.5" donut gasket.

My midpipe on my Legalis R has never hung low, it is infact very close to the floor of the car. The J's Racing triangle mount for the midpipe does lift it over a OEM rubber one and the 2 rear J's mounts are about the same size as OEM ones but a tad stiffer.

The Legalis doesn't need a donut gasket for the midpipe to the Cat. All i needed was a new Cat (ring) gasket from Honda. For the midpipe to the backbox i think i used an S2000 2.5" donut gasket.

Triangle Gasket as well as the Cat Ring
Didn't you buy the Triangle Gasket Stu?

Aye, sorry i did buy a 2.5" triangle gasket for the cat to b-pipe.

Cheers Hamza

Cool,when i went to get my Exhaust fitted at ABP Motorsports,I brought everything new,all 4 OEM Hangers,3 bolts for the Cat,but they seemed small in mechanics eyes so he installed longer ones for me

The back box bolts are big in width size compare to OEM ones (Picture above)
Did you buy OEM spring bolts?

Also does your Exhaust make a Tin Ting Tin sound at the tailpipes :D

I did buy oem spring bolts but as the Legalis doesn't have a nut on the other side of the flange they were not used. They work fine on the manifold though.

When the backbox gets warm it does have a ting ting ting sound but that is normal i think for a stainless system mate.

Back