• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Hi, I have a facelift ep3 flywheel to go onto my preface ep3.
Question is, is it worth it for the money it's going to cost to get it fitted along with a new clutch?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That depends on whether you need a new clutch or not yet... Or if you ever plan on getting an LSD fitted, do it at the same time as that.

Clutch is on the list to do at some point as its not essential just yet so was kind of last thing on list of jobs to do. And no not planning on getting an LSD

Ah right ok, I have been told that it should rev up quicker and Vtec may feel different when it engages?? Don't know how true it is?? And by slow on shift you mean like Sunday driver slow or just normal day to day driving hsha

You'll notice far more difference fitting an LSD compared to fitting a flywheel. The flywheel will make next to no difference IME, but the LSD will completely transform the character of the car.

Hi, lighter flywheel will spool up quicker (or mine did!)but I had an LSD done at the same time as the clutch & flywheel (@ TGM) and that a is game changer on track.....

Mine is only a daily driver will never see a track. I got one as a mate had one in his integra and he said it was s different animal with a lightened flywheel in. Hence why I got one a while back.

I got a new Genuine Honda Clutch kit, MFactory Helical LSD with Stage 1 racepack upgrade, and a lighter flywheel installed by Stevie at Grinspeed in August this year. Completely transformed the car for me. Certainly worth putting in an LSD at same time if the funds allow.

LSD works just as well on the road as well as track.

DC5 has more power than an EP3 out of the box so that's a bit of a moot point.

LSD makes far more difference than the flywheel. Other than the revs dropping quicker it didn't make a huge difference, revs a tiny bit quicker. I wouldn't take the box off to fit the flywheel until the clutch needs doing.

LSD gets used plenty on the road too!

Back