• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 keeps forgetting my key fob

Hello all, I've had this issue that seems to come about every couple weeks, but now it happens every morning when I try to unlock the car.
The red lights shows to indicate that I've pressed the unlock button on the fob, but it doesn't open, so when I use the physical key to unlock it, the hazards start flashing and I have to do the reprogramming procedure every time I want to use the car in the morning, but then forgets the key randomly, could be straight away, or work till the next morning.
It happened with my old ep3 that I had last year ( Shell was rusted, so I had the engine, gearbox and ecu removed from it and placed into my current EP3 )

Things checked/done:
1. New Car Battery
2. New Key Fob Battery
3. Wiring loom checked from battery connections, fuse box, starter.

So if i've had this issue with both shells and the only thing that was in both was the engine and its loom, gearbox and ecu, what do you think is the cause, my ecu is a kpro v2.

my old shell and current one are Facelift models, been told it could be the keyless entry module behind the radio?

Back