• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Looking good. I cannot get to the hondata site just now. What do these mods do, improve the airflow I guess?

cheers , the hondata air box mod improves airflow and it certainly helps the engine breath better also the throttle response has improve.

Another update ive managed to get a few more things done stared things off with fitting the powerflex gearbox mount I went with the black series one just to keep things looking oem+. I was really surprised about the mount itself it was in great shape for being 16 years old but I did give it a lick of paint before refitting. next job why I had the airbox was out was to replace the shifter bushes for the upgraded Tegiwa items really impressed with these great quality and perfect fitment and makes such a difference. also in the kit was the solid bushes for the interior shift mounts again nice upgrade over the standard rubber mounts.

22.jpg

Gearbox engine mount off the car
33.jpg

Powerflex engine mount fitted
44.jpg

Almost done
66.jpg

Complete

77.jpg

Interior shifter bushes fitted

88.jpg

I've started gathering some parts to refresh the fuel system i.e. new fuel filter don't think it has ever been changed also want to change the injector seals the fuel rail needs a Refub or I might get a new fuel rail from Kaizen. so brought some injector cleaner to start things off.
11.jpg

Last of all decided to fit fit some wind deflectors.

thumbnail.jpg

This happened today ... removed some rusty parts the cat heat shield decided to start rattling again so removed that completely should of done that the first time round but thought I could save it but no chance of that ,

also decided to fit my rear Hel braided lines still need to do the front .. it was not the easiest job as the flare nut connecting the original hoses were quite seized but I got their in the end also replaced the hose brackets as these were falling apart.

last of all I replaced the rear arms for some MJC adjustable camber arms these also come with a plate so you can mount the abs sensor wire in the original place just like the oem ones which is nice.

Removed this lot
003.jpg

New MJC rear adjustable camber arms
001.jpg

New brake lines , brackets and camber arms fitted.

002.jpg

Pleased to report it passed it's first mot in my ownership yesterday really happy with the feedback from the mot tester who said it was a nice car the only advisory's were the front ball joints deteriorated outer covers. which i not surprised already found some replacements and with put an order in soon for some hardrace items.

Another update... I've managed to get a few more bits done in the engine bay stated with the easy jobs first decide to replace the idler pulley the original one was looking past it and it also freshens up the bay. Next on the list was to replace the PCV valve don't think mine had ever been replaced also replaced the tube as this had gone brittle and fell apart in my hands.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Decided to remove the engine mount and bracket to clean up and paint but the original mount was not in great shape so ordered a new one . Also ordered a new set of injector seals as I wanted to freshen up the fuel rail as it was in a right state I thought id replace these at the same time .

005.jpg

Fuel rail off the car

007.jpg

006.jpg

Injectors cleaned and new seals installed

008.jpg

Gave the fuel rail a lick of paint and put every think back together I did think about getting a after market rail but want to keep things as close to oem + as I can.

009.jpg

All fitted so much better.... I just need to sort that rocker cover thats letting down the engine bay.

0010.jpg

Some nice work going on here. A refurbished cam cover will finish that all off perfectly. I need to turn my attention to cleaning up the bay next.

Some nice work going on here. A refurbished cam cover will finish that all off perfectly. I need to turn my attention to cleaning up the bay next.
Thanks Craig , it,s starting to come together, I’m now on the look out for a spare rocker cover so I can prep and paint in my own time .

So this happened Today old rocker cover off. What a state ,,

33.jpg

I Spent a long time on the one I brought getting clean and ready for paint . its not a perfect job but it's wrinkle red and compared to the one it replaces it's night and day and maybe I'll get better and it when I spray this other one . I replaced all the spark plug seals, new rocker cover gasket , washers and new stainless steel rocker cover nuts so looking fresher.

yy.jpg
tt.jpg

Looking good, I remember painting mine in the wrinkle red, hard to get perfect but does look way better.

Is that a new inlet manifold or did you clean it up?

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Looking good, I remember painting mine in the wrinkle red, hard to get perfect but does look way better.

Is that a new inlet manifold or did you clean it up?

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk
Does look good. I’m also curious about the I let manifold as it looks mint.

Thanks ,it's much appreciated . unfortunately the inlet manifold was never going to come up perfect . So to that end I cleaned and then sprayed with HT silver paint which came out great.

This has happened decided I wanted a little more noise so went on a intake frenzy and brought a couple of intakes I have not owned before the Injen CAI is very close to the AEM long arm intake which I had on a Ep3 quite a while ago and the K&N Typhoon I have never owned. That being said it gets a lot of negative press about heat soak and I guess thats true if you are sat in traffic all the time but its not something I have to worry about so decided to fit the K&N Typhoon and try it out ive only got positive things to say about this intake looks good in the engine bay easy to fit and sounds awesome in Vtec and has tricked all the boxes I was looking for . I also got it at a really good price considering the new price tag of these. As for the Injen CAI I might fit it later on or I'll just keep it.

003.jpg

K&N TYPHOON FITTED

002.jpg

The final job I've been putting off for some time due to how time consuming it is and that was painting the brake callipers it had to be red I now think the car needs lowering .
001.jpg

Managed to get a few more things done , first job was to remove the wiper arms and respray them has they were looking quite worn it’s amazing what a coat of paint can do.

B668-C0-F2-5-C44-4344-A452-8-F840-DE970-EE.jpg

Also managed to fit my Dc5 pedal covers . Just need to get a foot rest to finish the job .

E78-D1852-09-DA-4-FA8-8-DF1-D39-DA99616-D4.jpg

Small update: A few more bits arrived from tegiwa decided to replace the spark plugs as I had no record of when they were last changed to be fair they were not that bad but changed they anyway with some new iridium plugs I got on Black Friday along with a new black washer bottle cap and some jazz washer jets .

6-C40-DC0-F-5-D21-414-E-B5-F9-E548-BEE8-B51-E.jpg

4-A69-C2-A1-B9-DC-4-D77-8-B68-82-E2-CCB15830.jpg

And finally the interior grab handle were in a right state so set about refurbishing them

Before

0-B1640-AB-95-C9-46-F5-8983-30-D70-BC18-E53.jpg

After

715-CC626-AB48-4763-9525-CC84-A1-D70460.jpg
what paint did you use on these?

Back