• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Managed to get a few more things done , first job was to remove the wiper arms and respray them has they were looking quite worn it’s amazing what a coat of paint can do.

B668-C0-F2-5-C44-4344-A452-8-F840-DE970-EE.jpg

Also managed to fit my Dc5 pedal covers . Just need to get a foot rest to finish the job .

E78-D1852-09-DA-4-FA8-8-DF1-D39-DA99616-D4.jpg

Where can I find the DC5 Pedal covers? Do they do the foot rest too?

They look great by the way.

Where can I find the DC5 Pedal covers? Do they do the foot rest too?

They look great by the way.

Hi, I managed to find a really good used set - don’t know if you can still buy them brand new and if you can they are quite expensive and yes they do a footrest which I haven’t acquired yet.

Another update . managed to get a few more things done first job was the suspension I thought the car was a little to high as standard so decided to go with some eibach Sportline lowering springs had these a few times before and in my eyes give a nice drop over standard the old springs were not in bad shape and will be keep just in case. I also decided to replace the rear shocks . I managed to change 3 springs myself but the drivers side rear did not want to play at all and in the end I had to have the drivers side rear shock cut off the vehicle good job I decided to replace the rear shocks. Anyway all fitted.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

When I replaced the front springs I noticed the track rod ends were looking quite worn so decided to replace them too for good measure.

04.jpg

And all fitted another job done.

05.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to fit my rear JDM anti roll bar today which I brought from tegiwa in the sale both the old drop links did not want to play which is pretty standard with these anyway cut both off with a small hack-saw did not take long be fair another job done.

New compared with old

e2.jpg

Fully fitted always nice to fit new parts

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

Another update ... I 've managed to get a bit more done first job on the list was to remove the exhaust manifold heat shield as this had rusted though on one side I was lucky the remaining 3 bolts came out no problem. This brings me onto the second job while I was getting the exhaust manifold heat shield off I noticed the lower engine brace was quite rusty which I'm not surprised about being low down in the wheel arch. Anyway removed that and ordered a New one from tegiwa also replaced all the bolts.

e6.jpg

New v old

e3.jpg

New one all fitted back

e4.jpg

Next job was to fit the Injen CAI I brought second hand over a month ago now this where I hit a brick wall with the intake it fitted perfect onto the throttle body and went perfectly down into the wheel arch where it's designed to go but the hanger used to secure it in the wheel arch was no where near in the write place to secure it - so thought it must have been me buying the wrong one . But this one is listed as Ep3/DC5 also thought I could have secured it in a different way but my OCD said no . So to that end I still wanted to use this intake because it's a 3" diameter tube and also has a much better filter instead of the 2.5" on the K&N typhoon and because it was second hand I did not have a problem with chopping this thing up and making it into a short ram.

e7.jpg
e5.jpg

Last of all I have managed to find a engine under tray on ebay in good nick mine has been missing one since I brought the car also brought 180 plastic clips for various places around the car also replaced all the wheel arch clips for new.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

You are doing a good job on it mate. I recommend you to update your first page, to include the mods/maintenance you have been doing to your car.

As for the tegiwa rollbar, have you noticed any difference to the OEM?

You are doing a good job on it mate. I recommend you to update your first page, to include the mods/maintenance you have been doing to your car.

As for the tegiwa rollbar, have you noticed any difference to the OEM?

cheers it’s appreciated, that’s a good shout I’ll update the front page . As for the lower engine brace it’s original Honda .

This happened today gave the car another oil change using a Genuine Honda oil filter and some millers nanodrive also brought a genuine oil filter removal tool too which makes life a little easier apart from that I replaced the sump plug for a New magnetic sump plug.

e5.jpg

e1.jpg

Also fitted a tegiwa short shift linkage to go with the tegiwa shift bushes.

e4.jpg

All fitted it gives a nice reduced and positive gear change.

e2.jpg

Next on the list is to sort the exhaust out the centre section looks like its welded itself to the cat the bolts are unrecognisable as bolts so thats going to be fun .

I have managed to find a engine under tray on ebay in good nick

Ah nice. I think I need one of these. I need to stick my head under the car and take a look, but some pictures I have appear to show the engine tray hanging down. Had you been looking for one for a while?

Ah nice. I think I need one of these. I need to stick my head under the car and take a look, but some pictures I have appear to show the engine tray hanging down. Had you been looking for one for a while?

Yeah,, being looking for a while as mine was missing it completely it does make a big difference having one but they do come up on eBay from time to time.

Small update .. managed to get a couple more things done. first up was to remove the Vtec solenoid and replace the gasket and by the looks of it the solenoid hadn't been removed before and was in quite a state also the gasket was brittle on removal quite surprised the gasket bowl was empty so happy with that decided to refurbish the solenoid so rubbed in down and gave it a lick of paint.

022.jpg

011.jpg

033.jpg

Also brought a new M2 motorsport centre section nice piece of stainless steel as the original one was falling apart but to be fair it was original so not done that bad. Anyway unfortunately it did not fit this myself which I'm glad about as the bolts holding the original centre section onto the cat had to be heated up to remove but all fitted now so happy.

Back