• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 upper gearbox mount insert

I have the polybush for the upper gearbox mount, are there any issues if I just fit this insert alone? i.e. if I don't add the front and rear engine inserts?

I have one that i fitted around 7-8 years ago and have suffered no problems only having just that one fitted.

I would say that the difference is minimal. The engine mounts make a difference but they were too harsh for me tbh.

OK, so still worth doing? I'm guessing if my oem insert is getting tired at least the insert will refresh it.

Inserts aren't bad. I recently had my mate fit 3 of the powerflex ones to his EP3 and I collected it. Nice stronger feel to the front end. I've 3 fitted on my Astra VXR too and they are great. Makes it hard to drive a car with standard engine mounts now. Got the full vibratechnics kit on my EP3 which is very good although don't know if I could part with the 400 quid for the kit. Luckily the previous owner installed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the problem with a lot of firmer mounts (especially on older cars) is that the increased vibration (due to increased rigidity) makes things rattle as your car is old and worn and things get loose. My last EP3 had rattles at 1400rpm and around 2500rpm, the former was annoying when cold-starting since that was fast-idle, the latter was a common place to be when tooling around town.

My current has inserts in the rear mount, I might just replace the mount itself with an OEM one given time, but I have other things more interesting to do beforehand.

If your mount is worn/torn and you can afford it, replace the mount.

I have all three inserts on mine too. But they've been in for a few years now so it's just normal to me. I will add that there's extra cabin noise at motorway speeds for anyone who's bothered about that sort of thing.

I have all three inserts on mine too. But they've been in for a few years now so it's just normal to me. I will add that there's extra cabin noise at motorway speeds for anyone who's bothered about that sort of thing.

Agreed, ones on my Astra give a mental drone that can get tiresome after a hour or so of driving.

The vibratechnics mounts in the Civic aren't all that bad but agree with above about rattles.. getting a nice annoying one from around the glove box and can't quite pinpoint it yet

Agreed, ones on my Astra give a mental drone that can get tiresome after a hour or so of driving.

The vibratechnics mounts in the Civic aren't all that bad but agree with above about rattles.. getting a nice annoying one from around the glove box and can't quite pinpoint it yet

I have the same one, sometimes its the glovebox lid itself and I think other times it's the crap inside the glovebox :lol:

Also my passenger door card rattles from where a clip has snapped and my aftermarket scuttle panel for the Tegiwa airbox rattles.....so does the plastic iVTEC cover.

I have the same one, sometimes its the glovebox lid itself and I think other times it's the crap inside the glovebox :lol:

Also my passenger door card rattles from where a clip has snapped and my aftermarket scuttle panel for the Tegiwa airbox rattles.....so does the plastic iVTEC cover.

The vtec cover on mine is prone to rattles... pain in the arse but not been too bad of late

Back