• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust rattling / knocking

Hello type r owners new to the forum so hey :D

Anyway onto my problem…

A couple months ago I bought and fitted a 70mm tegiwa catback exhaust which works fine and I love the sound of it but apart from the bloody knocking / rattling noise it’s been making when driving. The mid section used to hit the underside of the car but I fixed that by buying a new triangle rubber which seems to have stiffened it. The problem lies at the back now where it seems to be knocking on the crossmember at the back behind the rear bumper which I thought I had fixed by grinding away some of the crossmember (it’s rusty and needs replacing anyway) but the problem still persists… I have also had the back box off and bent the brackets where the rubbers fit on which also didn’t work. Took the exhaust heat shield off too since that was rotten and pretty much falling off anyway and just applied heat reflecting wrap to the side of the fuel tank as a precaution. Anyone got any ideas or solutions on how to fix this as it’s doing my head in…

Thanks in advance,
Ash.

TLDR: exhaust hitting crossmember at back of car on back box when driving need ideas or solutions.

Back