• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Sound

What's the cheapest way to change the sound of my OEM exhaust? Without obviously drilling holes in the bugger lol. I'd like to make it sound deeper and louder if possible. Would a different air filter change the sound?

What's the cheapest way to change the sound of my OEM exhaust? Without obviously drilling holes in the bugger lol. I'd like to make it sound deeper and louder if possible. Would a different air filter change the sound?

Different bpipe and/or back box will change the note. Have a browse on YouTube for a combo you like the sound of. Changing the air filer will do nothing for the exhaust noise

Thanks. What sort of prices am I looking at? I'm not being lazy, I just prefer to ask people in the know :)

Depends on what combo you like the sound of, I'd be looking on YouTube first and then price up what you like.

It's pointless me giving a guesstimates on prices of various parts when you might not even like the noise from it.

If I was to get just an unsilenced b pipe and attached it to the OEM back box would that sound ok?
The utube vids don't really show this and nor does this show on the exhaust sound posts

Unsilenced B pipe sounds good, a bit louder than your average car on the road at normal speeds, a nice rasp and a good motorbike-y tone on full throttle, VTEC sounds nice. Unsilenced B pipe and an unsilenced backbox is better though, you could probably get an unsilenced backbox and a Spoon N1 rep from ebay for under £300, bought and fitted, if your budget is tight.

EDIT:

[video=youtube;ykOvqW_zN10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOvqW_zN10[/video]

This video gives a good example of unsilenced B pipe and OEM backbox, that is exactly what mine sounded like when I had that setup on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Sportex race mid pipe in the end. They have an offer on at the moment and i prefer the sound.

Back