• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ferodo DS2500

When for example, light brake whist creapin in traffic, they squeek, had pads fitted 3 weeks ago... anyone else same experience?

thanks.

I've had mine fitted for around a thousand miles with no squeeks , *** some other users have reported this , did you copper slip the backing plates up and use the oem shims? bedded in in accordance to the makers reqirements

common problem, I believe almost everyone has had the same thing. It never bothered me when mine did it but I think you can get the OEM brake shims in behind the pads to stop the squeak.

i've had mine fitted about 6 months now, when they was 1st fitted within a month i took them off re-greased with copper grese where needed and re-fitted!

they still squeeked like a bitch but then after getting used to the squeeling they have just stopped doing it now after using them for about 6 months!

every now and then though they randomly start squeeking from time to time but im just used to it now!

they are really good pads imho though!!!!

The squeeling is less down to how they are fitted and more down to how they are bedded in.

If you follow the routine of 15-20 runs from 60 down to about 30 mph using around 1/3 to 1/2 brake pressure (which gets the discs and the pads very very hot indeed, almost to hot you would think and goes against everything your told about taking it easy) then stop the car and allow the brakes to completely cool (dont leave the hand brake on as it will warp the rear discs) then you should have no problems and the best performance from the pads.

My rears only started squeeling recently after i had to reset the pads as the handbrake just wouldn't hold (turns out the edge of the pad that goes into the carrier just needed filing down a little as they were overtight) but i have done over 10k miles on them squeel free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back