• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 6yrs/75000 miles service

Hi fellow members, My Fk2 is just 6yrs old this month and due it's 6th service. Mileage covered 22700.
My fk2 is on the non variable servicing schedule and have been reading the schedule to see what I need. I'm ok with most parts required, however I'm not sure on a few things and am asking if anyone can help?
The schedule says to change the transmission fluid every 75000 miles or 72 months having just covered 22700 should I change it? I suppose I should as it says 72 months, where is the drain plug on the gearbox located?
Also it says to replace the fuel filter every 75000miles or 72 months again car mileage covered is only 22700 which is way below the mileage for when it's due but the age is as at 72 months. So if I do,where is the fuel filter located on the fk2 and has anyone ever done it?
I understand that the auto levelling devices for the front headlights are under the car at the back near the suspension on both sides and when honda serviced the car under the service plan they used to lubricate these so I'm asking where exactly are they and what do you lubricate them with oil/grease?
Any help woul be greatly appreciated. Regards Fred.

Hi - A few pages from the FK8 manual which may help with the MTF change. I believe the engine/gearbox is the same as the FK2. The lubes required for the FK8 are on the 3rd image and one would assume that they would also be the same for the FK2. The FK8 fuel filter is actually inside the fuel tank and as far as I can see requires no maintenance, so can't help there. The FK8 does have auto levelling for the suspension - the sensors are attached to the camber arms on the rear suspension, but again, do not appear to require maintenance. I'd guess at silicon grease for them if you reckon they need doing.
Hope that helps a bit - maybe someone will be along with the proper FK2 manual info shortly.

image4.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi - A few pages from the FK8 manual which may help with the MTF change. I believe the engine/gearbox is the same as the FK2. The lubes required for the FK8 are on the 3rd image and one would assume that they would also be the same for the FK2. The FK8 fuel filter is actually inside the fuel tank and as far as I can see requires no maintenance, so can't help there. The FK8 does have auto levelling for the suspension - the sensors are attached to the camber arms on the rear suspension, but again, do not appear to require maintenance. I'd guess at silicon grease for them if you reckon they need doing.
Hope that helps a bit - maybe someone will be along with the proper FK2 manual info shortly.

View attachment 11595
View attachment 11597
View attachment 11598
View attachment 11599
View attachment 11600
Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. Regards Fred.

Back