• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Hey there. So from what I've read, there should only be 100 of these black edition cars produced?. My car however has a number SE-0399. I bought it from Honda directly, can anyone explain this? I linked a picture so you guys can see.

2qb88w4.jpg

There were 100 for the UK, many more for Europe, plus Honda have traditionally just put random number plaques on without any order on previous generations of cars.

To be honest though, I'd be peeved too and would complain. How can it be shown to be x of 100 if your plaque says 399, just makes a mockery of it.

It would annoy the hell out of me, Looks like a Europe plaque was used,
I know you've purchased one but this does show Hondas actual thought on the SE models, last minute and not needed, they could of done a lot more to the car to make it an actual SE car.

I would kick up a right fuss

It is a bit annoying. I wish I knew before I bought the car, otherwise would have got a cheaper normal FK2. Oh well, collecting the car on 6th April so I'll mention it to the dealership then.

I'd ring before, give them time to resolve it, be interesting to see what excuse they come up with

They said pretty much the same things as Loxy said when I called them. I'm still happy to take delivery of the car but I am a little disappointed that there's so many special editions out there.

The cw fn2 was the same, 600 uk releases but plaques showing ridiculously high numbers.

The only thing you might find is, you might have a few confused future buyers, might even put some off, I'm not saying it will but it might, especially with anal SE buyers

They said pretty much the same things as Loxy said when I called them. I'm still happy to take delivery of the car but I am a little disappointed that there's so many special editions out there.

Whatever the plate number you will not look back. It is an amazing machine that will make you happy once you take it to 7000 rpm.:)

Whatever the plate number you will not look back. It is an amazing machine that will make you happy once you take it to 7000 rpm.:)

Believe me I can't wait. I've had nothing but boring cars since I sold my astra vxr 3 years ago. So looking forward to this!

The numbers are all random, there is still just 100 of them so when you get it you'll probably never ever see another one.

6th of April, blimey, thats one frustrating long wait. Delivery day you'll blow your load fo sure.

I plan to keep it for years and years. I always wanted to own one from new, especially since my ep3 had 118k on the clock when i bought it. Mind you i don't drive much so when my PCP is up and i have the option to purchase the car should only have around 15k on the clock

Hey guys anyone have an opinion on this:

So I was contacted yesterday by the Honda dealership, the dealer said that unfortunately I would not be able to collect the Type R until next Wednesday (collection was originally scheduled for this Thursday the 6th). They stated the reason as the car being an ex demonstrator and they are not allowed to sell it legally until it is 90 days old. Now I was originally told the car was registered on 06/01/17 and therefore on 06/04/17 it would be 90 days old. I said that I have no choice then, if they can't sell it, they can't sell it. After I cut the call I thought about it and recalled that I was told it was registered on the 6th of January. I know the car reg so it didn't take long to check dvla and see that this was indeed the case. I called back and argued this and the salesman spoke to his manager and they agreed to allow me to collect it this Saturday. Anyone know why they could possibly wan't to delay collection of the vehicle? I have already paid the deposit and signed the finance docs, It should literally be a case of going in and picking up the car now but it almost seems like they are reluctant to part with it.

Back